Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Attitude for gratitude

Default Re: Attitude for gratitude

Speaking of poop patrols....years back my Squirt had to have a tumor removed from her spleen. As she was healing I was meticulous about checking her poop and urine for any signs of problems. One day I was out in the back yard studying an "offering" when this voice said, "Lady, did you lose a diamond or something?" A neighbor standing on a ladder while he worked on his house saw me inspecting and couldn't for the life of him understand what I was staring so intently at!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

That’s so funny Leslie! I really needed that laugh right now! I still can’t get over how different and more healthy they look compared to anything that she’s pooped out her entire life—even before she was sick with anything! I’m very grateful. Blessings to you and your pups. Karen

I’m so grateful to have my miracle baby out of her pen, staples out, and being able to do whatever she wants. Right now, all she wants to do is sleep. I’m hoping we will all get a better night’s sleep tonight. Annie is a true miracle and a testament to the spirit of a pup who is counting on someone else to not give up on her. This was not Annie’s time to leave us and we were blessed with the knowledge of where to take her for the extra help and expertise she needed. For that knowledge I ‘m also thankful, but I think it’s just because I’m older and know what I need for my pups and where to get it. I’m not smarter than anyone but I like to think of myself as a “fierce protective mom”. Species doesn’t matter. If I bring a life into my world and that life is dependent on me, I owe it to that life to protect and nurture it to the best of my abilities. Blessings to you all. Karen
    Last edited by Katy1; 05-03-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Has tough as it gets. There are moments of gratitude. Apollo died 6 years ago. I learned to adapt to his ailments, sicknesses and medications. I am grateful for every day I had with him. There were days of sadness, grief but also days of joy, love, laughter, acceptance. We fought together for as long as we could. I was there to love, care and support him to the end. Always in my heart.

Apollo looks like he was a darling little guy. Is this the anniversary of his passing? No matter what, I'm so sorry for your loss. I looked at some of your photos and I love the one where he is standing up behind you on your computer chair with one paw on you for balance. That really reminded me of my Gracie who passed this January. She hated it if I was on the computer too long and would jump up behind me and paw at me to stop and pay attention to her. Thank you for that memory. I'm still having trouble balancing my time between all the meds, doc checks, testings, and the list goes on. Most days it's hard to put on a happy face, even though I have so much to be grateful for. Blessings to you. Karen

Oh my gosh golly be........my little baby Annie with cushings, diabetes, no gallbladder and cataracts to boot has turned into a 3 year old instead of 10! She is our little Phoenix who has truly risen from the ashes and for that I will forever remember and be grateful.

Friday, yesterday, we took her in for her first groom since before her gallbladder surgery. She came out of there prancing to beat the band! We stopped by home to let her potty and get a drink, then we loaded her up in the truck for a 30 minute road trip to pick up some parts for the lawn mower. You have to know at this point that in the back seat of our truck, she has every luxury that could be afforded a pup in a truck and she never wants to jump up front or anything. We always have bottled water and her leash for potty breaks when needed. She is such a trooper.

On the way back from our little road trip, Jerry told me that he needed something at Home Depot— in and out is what I was told. Well, I decided to go in with him as Annie was snoring peacefully to herself in the backseat and it was only 52 outside. So in we go, and low and behold we start running into everyone we have not seen for ages and 15 minutes turns into two hours. After 45 minutes I told Jerry to go out and check on Annie— which he did and she was still sawing away.

I have to digress for a moment....We were told that Home Depot is pup-friendly and we could have taken Annie in with us on her leash, had she been awake. Is anyone else aware of this? It was happy news to me. I’m not endorsing Home Depot just passing on a new founded pup- friendly place to go.

Back to our best day yet. Time marches on and now we have been in the store for almost two hours and finally we are back in the truck and Annie is happily looking out the window from her nest in the back seat and we are on our way home. When we arrive at our street corner to turn, she knows she’s almost home and starts barking like we’ve never heard her bark before—it was a joyful bark. We pulled into the driveway, I got out, her dad got her out of the back and she bolted to the door into the house from the garage. I put her outside to potty and she came in right away, grabbed a couple of toys and was playing like there was no tomorrow. Granted, she had slept like rip van wrinkle in the afternoon, but we just played with her on the floor until her supper time. She ate everything on her plate, sat still for the last of her eye medicines for the day and we all played some more until she jumped on th couch and curled up.

After everything we have been through with her, even if tomorrow is her last, I shall forever remember this day as being the best one ever but I’m just taking it one day at a time and being grateful for every pee,poop and bark. Blessings to you all and your pups. Karen
    Last edited by Katy1; 05-11-2019 at 03:14 AM.

Awww Karen, what a wonderful post to read first thing this morning. I’m *so* happy for you guys!!! I hope the rest of this holiday weekend remains just as special for you all three.

Many blessings right back atcha ;-)
    Marianne

A memory to cherish for sure! What a wonderful day!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Those are the days we hope for. The ones we will always remember. We forget when they stop doing them, but we sure notice when they do them again!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Today, I’m so grateful that the lumps on Annie were benign and were removed. I’m also so grateful for our local police department who made the time to rescue me from my dead garage door so I could rescue my pup from her long day at the clinic. I just hope it doesn’t hail tonight because my car is sitting outside. But if it does, I’ll be be thankful for my car insurance.

Since this is in the everything else category, I’m also thankful that my sister-in-law came through her kidney transplant with flying colors. It all happened faster then we were expecting, but now she has a second chance at life like my Annie. I am so grateful for all that I have to share with others. Blessings to you all and your pups. Karen