Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Attitude for gratitude

Default Re: Attitude for gratitude

Hi Karen, and I just wanted to say hello. It is a terrible thing to have to adjust to both losing a precious furbaby and dealing with a diganosis of cushings. Just one can leave you paralyzed with grief, two is a real doozy. I think you are stronger than you realize though, as you are doing so well for Annie

ugh, I don't know, that head butting thing sounds rather painful. I"ll have the ibprophen on standby for the headache!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hi Sharlene,

Thanks for stopping by to say hi and I appreciate your words of support. I’m so new to all of this and today I’ll be grateful for your presence and words of wisdom and experience on this site. Judi and I share experience with dual diagnosis pups—cushings/diabetes pups so the “head butt” thing was just tongue-in-cheek.

If I may ask,which Provence in Canada are you located? The reason I ask is because my husband and I are avid walleye fisher-people and we love to fish the Lake of the Woods in Ontario. About ten years ago we were seriously talking about retiring in Winnipeg. When Annie was about two, we took her, her big angel sis Gracie and her other big angel sis Sable on a big fishing trip up north. Sable was a big beautiful lab and was comfortable in the boat, but our two little miniature schnauzers,Annie and Gracie had their little pink life jackets on and Annie hated the entire experience. Oh, just writing about this makes me smile—

The hubby has done a lot of hunting over the years in the northern territories and my mother worked in Edmonton during WWII as a payroll secretary for an army general when the Al-Can highway was being constructed. Oh wow, I’m so sorry for total digress into my past—- but I do love Canada!

Blessings to you and all those to whom you gave a smile today. Karen
    Last edited by Katy1; 04-13-2019 at 12:24 AM.

I assume you were asking Sharlene (who I met personally and helped me along with Keesh) what province she is in. I am originally all my life from Ontario until 2 years ago then moved to New Brunswick. My son was an avid hunter and went into northern Ontario during hunting season. Here in New Brunswick... known for it's fishing, the hunting season lasts longer but it's all done by draws-and I believe it's the same in Ontario. My niece is in Montana... and it seems she's always hunting.

Keeping you in my thoughts with precious Annie.... it's quite an experience. I can just see her waiting for that Robin... so cute.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Hi Judi!
    Was I correct that you also have experience having a dual diagnosis pup—cushings/diabetes and are also on the k9D site? I think it was Marianne who told me to look for you.

You also mentioned having a niece who lives in Montana. My mom grew up in Billings and I had a beloved great aunt who lived in Helena. Is your niece anywhere close to those cities or is she in the northern part of the state? Forgive the curiosity. Blessings to you. Karen

Hi Karen
    No... Keesh did not have diabetes...so I'm not on the KD site, but this forum saved him. He was misdiagnosed and the vets almost killed him. He was actually rescued from certain death by the advice that was here... traumatic to say the least.
    About Montana.. I was in Helena myself last year and my niece actually lives in Fairfield. She is a school teacher there. She married a Montana boy and the whole family went from Ontario to Montana last summer for the wedding.. I personally had to take 3 flights from where I live. Long trip, and won't be doing it again - LOL.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Hey Karen, the Judi who’s also on K9D is registered here under the username of “Jenny & Judi in MN.” So she’s definitely also a Judi, but a different one. We haven’t seen her over here for quite a while, but maybe she’ll check in on the reunion thread, too. That’d be great!

Marianne

Marianne—

Thanks for letting me know which Judi I need to be looking for but I’ve really enjoyed getting to know our Judi over here.

In other news, it’s snowing here in Spring Valley, IL and we are supposed to get between 3-5” of snow by this afternoon. I don’t know where you are in Georgia but the Weather Channel was showing massive storms moving through Georgia. I hope you’re family is safe, in fact, I hope all of you and your families in the path of this storm system are OK.

Blessings to you all and your pups.
    Last edited by Katy1; 04-14-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: moved partial post to Annie's thread

Hi Judy....
    Now that Marianne has me straightened me out on"who's who" in the world of people named Judi, I would love to hear more about your wonderful Keesh. I'll bet he was an amazing pup!

If it makes you feel any better, we are having somewhat of a blizzard here in Illinois today and it's going to be very difficult for me to find something to be grateful for today. Misery loves company. Why don't we sit on our couches today for awhile with a warm cup of coffee or tea and dream of the day when the real spring will finally show up.

Thanks for the info on your niece. I'm a retired teacher so I feel another connection with your family. You are such a devoted aunt to make that long trek to the wedding. I'm embarrassed to admit that I had to look at the map to remember where New Brunswick is located. I couldn't believe it is north of Nova Scotia! Next time we go fishing in Ontario, I'm not going to complain about riding in the truck for two days to get to the Lake! LOL Stay warm. Karen
    Last edited by Katy1; 04-14-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Except for all the snow melting from Sunday’s wild and wacky freak blizzzard, I ‘m trying to feel grateful that my little Annie is still living. I haven’t slept much at all thinking of her in the vet ICU. I just hope she’s alive when they open up at 7 this morning. I’ll also be grateful if I don’t get a phone call at that time. Blessings to you all and your pups. Hold them near and dear.

Today I ‘m just grateful that we made it to this clinic in Chicago in one piece. I’m also grateful that Annie is safe with eyes on her 24/7. We’ll get to see her in the morning. Blessings to you all and your pups. Karen