Thread: Attitude for gratitude

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Attitude for gratitude

I wanted to start this thread for selfish and confessional reasons. I spent the weekend boo-hooing the fact that my precious pup has Cushings and is also diabetic. Then a big dose of reality hit me out of the blue as I read through past and present threads. There are so many of our fur-babies on this forum that have many more problems than I can comprehend. I felt so guilty for complaining about stuff that just concerned me—and was non life threatening to Annie. I have been so consumed with my own grief of losing my beloved non-Cush pup Gracie, I haven’t been able to be grateful for what I have in my living pup. Hence, this new Attitude for Gratitude. So here we go.

First and foremost, I’m grateful for this forum and those who take care of it and offer very wise advise. Second, I’m grateful for the tail wags and little barks I get from Annie. If I get that, I know she’s still alive and has a will to live. Most days, I feel like a full time nurse, and that is very selfish because Annie is under my care, no matter what---so I’m also grateful that she is still here with me and I can wait on her hand to paw.

I feel like Gracie reached below the “Bridge” this weekend, whooped me up-side the head with her right paw, and said; “Com-mon Mom, you’ve got to get your act together for my baby sis—she needs you, and you need to be grateful that she is there for you and dad.”

So here goes the Gratitude thread. Maybe it will only be me on here, I hope not…but if that’s what happens, I’m still grateful.
    To all of you who are hurting, I hope that this will be a place of collective joy for a tail wag, a little bit of hair growth, less thirst, a paw in the right direction and a small ray of hope in our collective sea of sadness for our babies.

Life is hard enough, even on a good day, for most of us. However, if you pile on a Cush-pup, or pups with special needs on top of that, it can be overwhelming.
    I’m not trying to minimize the seriousness of this or an other disease, I’m hoping to encourage all of us with pup challenges just to look for a tail wag and smile. Blessings to you and your pups. Karen
    Last edited by Katy1; 04-02-2019 at 02:59 PM.