Thread: Old Friends

Default Old Friends

Please drop in and say hello! I miss my old friends. I'd love to hear from you! You know who you are!! I will always remember and be eternally grateful for the support and love that I received from all of you when I needed it the most. Many of you took shifts and hung with me 24/7, so I was never alone. How about it?
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Default Re: Old Friends

Oh, I say “ditto” to this, Kathy!!! There are so many voices that I’d love to hear again. So many memories behind us and new challenges still ahead of us — it’s all so much better when the journey is shared. Thanks so much for starting this thread, and I’ve got my fingers crossed that we’ll soon be welcoming back some CFF’s (Cushing’s Friends Forever ;-))))

Marianne

I haven't been here very long, but I sure miss seeing the names I first began with. I think about them often and when I reread Lena's thread, it makes me miss them more.

I'm glad I don't have to miss any of you!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Hi All,
    I decided to post here instead of posting on Simba’s Mom’s thread. After reading all the info there, I did take Annie to the vet to have her voice checked. I made a recording of her raspy bark and vocals with my phone that morning. After checking her out, the only information he could offer was perhaps some neuropathy starting in the muscles around her vocal cords because of her diabetes. He also reassured me that Lysodren would not cause LP and that was a condition seen mostly in larger breed dogs.

I also wanted to say “HI” to all my new friends here. You all have become a very special group of people to me and Annie. We will be facing some serious challenges in May, if all continues well. She is scheduled to have double cataract surgery with lens replacement on May 17th. My doc has worked with this ophthalmologist for years and thinks Annie will do well because her cataracts are not fully developed. I’ll be posting on the k9D site as well.

Because today was Annie’s Lyso day, I haven’t gotten anything done except dose in my chair and keep watch over my pup. She is sleeping peacefully in her bed with her head hanging over the side, her new favorite position, so my rational mind is telling me that she is just fine. I wish my rational mind would show up more often. Blessings to all today. Karen

Hi Karen,
    Thank you for posting on this thread. We welcome old and new members alike. However, please post Annie's progress on her thread so we can have all of her information in one place. It is easier for our members to follow along and respond to a particular situation or pattern that we may notice. Someone will be along shortly to merge your update onto Annie's thread. Thank you! And please contnue to pop in and say hello here, whenever you would like.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Thank you, I’ll remember to do that. Karen

Hi Karen! At Kathy’s suggestion, I’ve made a copy of your earlier reply here and shifted it to your thread about Annie so that we can continue our conversation about Annie’s specific situation over there. But in the meantime, for sure you are now a charter member of our K9C family, and we’re delighted that you have joined in our friendship circle :-)))).

Marianne

Kathy!! Hi and hello to you too. I'll never forget you and Buddy, the great lizard hunter. I hope that this post finds you doing well and things going well for you. Would love to hear all about what you are up to these days. HUGS
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)