Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Cushings

Default Re: New to Cushings

Hi Karen,
    I'm just catching up with everything going on with Annie. My goodness! I would be a basket case myself by now so to me your reaction is perfectly normal. Prayers rising for the very best news this morning. Please let us know when you can.

Oh! I wrote a post to you about Lyso usage and it's not here...or anywhere else that I can find on the forum. So apparently I did that while my mind was not with me but off on its own somewhere. I'm glad Marianne gave you the pertinent info!

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hi Karen,

From experience… If you think that you're going crazy and should be committed, you are most likely perfectly fine and are acting entirely normal. The ones that are truly mentally ill, ofen believe they are perfectly normal. Weird huh? You are distraught to the point where it's hard to function, which is totally understandable under the situation.

Many of us understand the waiting and feeling helpless, with regard to our fur babies. Know that you are not alone. Please update us when you can.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Just a quick update on Annie. We are on the road to Chicago to hand the baby over for potential surgery tomorrow Will keep you posted. Please keep those positive vibes coming our way. We really need it now. Blessings to you all and your beloved pups. Karen

For sure, a multitude of positive vibes being sent! Drive safely, and know that we’ll be sitting right beside you the entire way...

We made it through the horrible Chicago traffic to the Blue Pearl specialty clinic in just a little over two hours. Annie slept all the way and we got her checked in but we won’t see the surgeon until tomorrow. They will do another ultrasound and all the blood work in the morning.

It absolutely killed me leave to her there. I just felt like my heart was being ripped out. Our regular doc at home did go ahead with the stim test but we were in and out of there so fast I grabbed the printouts and didn’t even try to look at them so I have no numbers to share. The clinic here in Chicago has copies of everything they need so I’ll ask the dr. tomorrow if I remember.

Oh, Julie....we are up here in Northbrook or maybe it’s Northfield. Jerry told me we are about a mile or so from Lake Michigan. You probably know where we are—I don’t have a clue.

The doctor we saw this afternoon told us all the bad stuff that could go wrong with this gallbladder surgery and displayed absolutely NO compassion for us whatsoever. Oh man, I thought I was going to come unglued! At some point, I will be having a serious discussion with whoever she reports to. We have worked with the surgeon before when we needed a consult for Gracie about 4 years ago and he a great guy with a lot of heart.Well, I ‘m exhausted and my feet hurt. Thanks for being here for us and our little pup. Blessings to you all. Karen
    Last edited by Katy1; 04-18-2019 at 12:59 AM.

My heart is hurting for you guys but try to stay positive. I know...easy for me to say but Annie will need your calm energy today. I do know where the clinic is. If I didn’t have to go to work today I would head that way to lend some support and distract you for a bit. Sending hugs and prayers!

Thank goodness you’ve already met the surgeon! My heart will be with you guys all day today. When you see Annie today, please give her a gentle hug from all her family here. We’ll surely be awaiting your news.

Marianne

Sending prayers, hugs, and gentle belly rubs your way! Hang in there even tho I know how scary it is. You are doing the best you can for your precious girl and she knows it....as do we. Let us know when you can.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Positive thoughts and healing prayers coming from my home too...sending love and hugs, Lori

Annie went in for surgery about noon today. She’s been in for about 30min and so far so good. No news is good news. Met with the surgeon earlier and he was very confident for her outcome but was also very realistic because she is such a high risk patient. I’m so grateful for all your thoughts today. Go hug a pup from me and Annie. Blessings to you all. Karen
    Last edited by Katy1; 04-18-2019 at 01:47 PM.