Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Cushings

Default Re: New to Cushings

I need your thoughts and prayers today. Annie took a big turn for the worse overnight. Doc called this morning and told me that she has developed not only pancreatitis but her gall bladder is twice the normal size and she has a full blown mucoscele(sp?) or a complete blockage of the bile duct.

How can this happen overnight? Her blood work looked good yesterday and this morning her liver enzymes were over 1000! If she doesn’t make some improvement in 24 hrs. He told me we might have some tough decisions to make—and we all know what that means. I’m just beside myself! I’m so scared I’m going to loose my little baby. There is a specialty clinic in Chicago we will take her to if she rallies enough that we can make a 2 hour drive with her. Blessings to you all and your pups. Please give everyone you love an extra hug today. Life is so fleeting.

Oh Karen, I just got home and am speeding healing prayers your way! I’m so sorry!! I’ll keep checking all day for more updates. No matter what, please don’t blame yourself in any way. I doubt that this is Lysodren related at all. Cushing’s dogs do seem to be more vulnerable to the development of mucoceles, and it’s nobody’s fault. It just happens :-((((.

Whenever you have a chance to check in, please do, OK? Your K9C Family is right here alongside you. If you do head to Chicago, drive safely! I know how hard it is to try to calm yourself in a situation like this. But you and hubby need to stay safe, too.

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs,
    Marianne

Oh Karen...I am so sorry to hear of the new obstacles you guys are facing. I am definitely sending healing prayers and all good thoughts your way.

Where is the specialty clinic? I live in the Chicago suburbs and am curious where you might be taking her.

Like Marianne said, please update us when you can.

Oh poor Annie and poor you, Karen...Cushing's is such a roller-coaster. We're up, then we're down. Just when you think things are going good, it changes. I'm praying for you and dear, sweet Annie that this is just one of those drops that will climb back up quickly. We are all with you...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Well, Doc finally called me back at a little past 9:30 this evening. He told me that Annie did not vomit today. I should hope not because she has no access to water or food. Plus they've had her on Cerenia which is a wonder drug to me for tummy troubles. Any way, the goal for tomorrow is to see if she will drink on her own. If she does, they will offer food. They did not give her any insulin today and hopefully, she will eat a little something tomorrow so they can give her insulin. Doc said his goal is just to let everything settle down. That also means no lysodren tomorrow and I forgot to ask him about that but if she misses a dose, I don't think it's going to matter.

I'm just dumbfounded how my little happy pup could act so healthy and fine one day and be on death's door the next. Is this how Cushings acts? Oh, Julie, the ER Clinic we use in Chicago is Blue Pearl in Northfield. We had Gracie there for a consult on her gallbladder several years ago. When we lived in Kansas City, I swear we either bought them a new wing to their building, or at the very least added a bathroom after spending close to a b-zillon $ over the course of three non cushpups. But they were the best...anytime day or night and I spent plenty of nights dosing on their couches. I'm exhausted but please give a hug or a kiss to those you love. for or no for. Life is so fleeting.

My big worry now is Annie's gallbladder. It's twice the normal size and I'm just praying it doesn't rupture during the night. She is so sick and we miss her so much. The tears are streaming down my face right now...I hope I don't short out the keyboard. I just don't want her to die without me there with her. I know she has her favorite snuggle fur toy but it's not me. I just want to be with her curled around her keeping her warm and safe.

This is just not fair and I'm very angry right now at the universe. Have I not been tested enough when I had no choice in January but to put Annie's big sis Gracie down. I'm still grieving her passing. Now I'm facing the reality that we may loose Annie.

If the worst happens, I will be pup-less, I just can't imagine my life without a pup. I've had pups for over 45 years and I don't know how to live without a pup. My pups have kept me alive when I didn't think I would make it. I'm just a hot mess right now. Again, I please ask you all to give everyone uou love, especially your pups a big hug or kiss' Life is so fleeting. Blessings to you all and your pups. Karen

Oh, I meant to say through the tears how much I appreciate you all hanging with me even though I'm a "newbie". I feel so surrounded with sincere concern and support it's such a blessing. As always, Blessings to you all and your pups. Karen

Oh Karen, I’m up now too and awaiting your morning vet update right alongside you. I’ve got all fingers crossed, that’s for sure. Just remember, no matter what, you’re not alone, OK? Annie’s in the skilled hands of the vet and we’re right here with you, our prayers continue to flow...

Marianne,

Thanks for being there with me... I’ts only 6:39 am here in Illinois and I’m just praying that they find Annie alive when they open at 7::00. I have all phones on board but I do not want any phone to ring until about 10:00am. I wish that I had some more numbers to post for anything. All of you are so good at interpreting for those of us ( I’m just referring to me right now because I’m such a mess ), who are new to cushings. I’m so appreciative for your collective knowledge and support.

How could happen so quickly? Doc can’t even answer that question for me and he’s had much experience with cushpups over his 35+ years of being a vet.

I have so much anxiety right now and so much I neeed to get done around the house today. All I can see right now are Annie’s toys on the floor from her big energy surge over last weekend and all I want to do is sit in my chair with a blanket over my head and cry. Blessings to you all. Karen

You all know that I should be “committed “ into some kind of mental facility about now—It’ 7:28 right now and at 7:33 I’‘m calling the the clinic. From what I ‘ve read about mucocels, the the ABVS __american board of Veterinary surgeons recommendes surgery at the first sign of blockage.

All I want to do now is throw her in the car and make a mad dash for Chicago for surgery. I know I can’t do that yet because she’s not stable enough to travel. I have turned into the “Straw Man” from the Wizard of Oz—-if I only had a brain. Ok now,it’s 7:42 and no phone calls yet.

My sincere apologies to all the rational out their in the world today. Blessings, Karen
    Last edited by Katy1; 04-17-2019 at 08:47 AM.

I totally understand. My husband can successfully compartmentalize. I cannot. At all. When I’m anxious and worried and sad, my feelings bleed all over anything I try to think about or accomplish and can totally paralyze me. I wish I had some great suggestions to help soothe you, but as you can see, I’m pretty hopeless in that department myself. But if there’s any truth to thinking that misery loves company, at least you’ve got me here for company. 100%!