Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Cushings

Default Re: New to Cushings

Hi Karen,

What is the dose of Lyso you are going to give her...or have already given her? How long ago did she have a dose at the vet's office? Typically there are a few days between achieving the load and starting maintenance. So if she had a dose at the vet's on Monday you would wait a few days then give the maintenance dose. The maintenance dose is not the same daily as was give at the vet's but rather that dose is divided. So if she was getting 500mg a day for the load from the vet then that would be divided into several doses over the week - ie 250mg twice a week or 125mg 4 times a week. In other words do not give her 500mg today.

You say she vomited....was that after she came home from the vet's? If so has she vomited again? How is her appetite this morning? Have you noticed any loose stools or diarrhea?
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Good Morning Everyone,

Just the basics first for anyone new to this thread. Annie is fully loaded on Lysodren and yesterday was the first time I gave the maintenance dose of 250 mg. since she came home from three weeks at the vet hospital. I gave it to her in a little meatball of her Glycobalance and then she gobbled down the rest of her breakfast. I was so concerned that she might have a reaction but all went well. I did notice that she drank more water than usual and she acted like she didn't feel comfortable lying down as she kept moving from spot to spot all morning. That made me wonder if her stomach might have been upset. My husband thought I was just imagining things. I thought Annie was going in for a stim test today but they are just doing a glucose curve as she is also diabetic. Not sure when the next stim will be but I'll be sure to ask later this afternoon when we pick her up. Sorry Leslie about all the confusion in my last post.

Now I have a question regarding the forum and what a "junior member" means. Do I need to pay a fee to be a regular member? If so, that's ok, and perfectly understandable in keeping this forum up and running. I only ask because I've tried to access the reading material and was told as a junior member I didn't have access to that as well as other information. I'm hoping someone will clarify this issue for me. My sincere thanks to everyone rooting us on and helping me keep my calm through the initial storm. Our journey has just begun and I know I can't do it without you all and your vast experience and knowledge. Take care. Karen

Hi again, Karen! The “Junior” vs. “Senior” designation stems solely from the number of times that a member has posted on the forum. I forget what the magic number is that triggers the changeover, but there should be no difference at all in your ability to access the material on the forum. It is free of charge to all members. So I’m concerned that we may have a glitch going on with the website, and appreciate you letting us know!

If you could possibly copy and paste the exact language of the warning message you’re receiving, that’ll help us figure out what’s going on. I’m so sorry about any problems, and we’ll try to get this straightened out ASAP.

Marianne

Hi Marianne...the following is a direct copy/paste of what I'm getting. Thanks for the help. Karen

Katy1, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Log Out Home

Thanks Karen! We’ll definitely look into this!

I seem to recall the magic number which will change a member from junior to senior status is 100 posts. It's been a while, so I could be completely wrong. All posts count, whether you post on your own thread or respond to another member on their thread. You don't get a prize or any special link to material that the junior members cannot access. I have over 4000 posts over almost 6 years. I am still waiting for my PRIZE, it hasn't happened. LOL I think my prize is the fact that our administrators are still putting up with me for so long. So seriously, your status as a junior member shouldn't affect your ability to access anything.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

I just read your update Karen. I have gotten that message many times. If your are on an IPad, clear Safar in settlings and close all open apps, which will remove all of those nasty cookies and restart. Do the same on a computer, except clear whatever browser you are accessing the forum from, then restart. Hopefully that will help.

Glitches pop up on this site from time to time. It has been touchy lately. Good luck!
    Last edited by Budsters Mom; 03-07-2019 at 11:10 PM.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Thanks for the tech help and suggestions. I'll work on it tomorrow when I'm not so brain dead. Karen, Annie's Mom

Many thanks to Kathy for these suggestions. If they don’t help, though, let us know and there are a couple of other things we might try...

I did everything Kathy suggested, cleared the cache, dumped the cookies, etc. then restarted my laptop and still no luck. It must be something on my end because it's happening on both my hp and ipad. I'm lost at this point. What else can I try? Thanks, Karen