Thread: My 12 year old Handsome dachshund diagnosed 2 years ago

Default My 12 year old Handsome dachshund diagnosed 2 years ago

Hello Everyone! I’m so grateful to have a place to get advice. He was diagnosed with Cushings two years ago, he is on pain meds and Lasix. He has good and bad days. Just concerned that his quality of life is not so good. Just need advice.

Exclamation Need help

I’m new and I’m very concerned for my dachshund. I really don’t know how any of this works and I have messaged his vet with no response yet. Just need help

Default Re: Need help

Hello and welcome to you and your sweet boy! You’ll see that I’ve moved your second post to join your first post here on our main forum. This way, we’ll be able to keep all of your questions consolidated in one single thread. I apologize that I only have a few moments to welcome you right now, but I’ll head back again tomorrow in order to write more. In the meantime, it’ll be great if you can tell us more about your dog’s overall health history, as well as the specific symptoms and testing that led to his Cushing’s diagnosis. Also, is he currently taking medication for his Cushing’s?

Thanks in advance for any additional details, and once again, welcome to you both!

Marianne

Default Re: Need help

Hi Mama,

Welcome to you and your sweet handsome boy!

I'm going to send you a PM with this link so you can find your thread from now on. I know when one hasn't used this sort of forum before it can be rather confusing. It doesn't work like Facebook groups where you start a new post every time you talk but instead you will always talk to us here in this thread that is devoted to you and your baby. This will help you to have a sort of journal on his Cushing's journey and it will allow us to give you better input because all the history will be in one place. So I'm gonna go do that now and hope you will be back to talk to us soon because we do want to help you and your baby boy.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.