Thread: Cushing's treatment and cardio meds

Default Cushing's treatment and cardio meds

Hi, does anyone know how if Vetoryl can be used along with Cardisure or any cardio meds in general? Cardisure is used in the treatment of heart failure. I'm not able to find any relevant info in any of Dechra's brochures, but i remember i read something about that somewhere.

Default Re: Cushing's treatment and cardio meds

I believe Cardisure is the equivalent of Vetmedin in the U.S. and the active ingredient in both is pimobendan. Taking his drug concurrently with Vetoryl is not a problem. It is most likely the ace inhibitor drugs, such as enalapril and benazapril, you are remembering. These drugs should be used with great caution with Vetoryl as both can cause a decrease in aldosterone which can result in a serious electrolyte imbalance due to increased potassium levels.

Glynda

Quote Originally Posted by lulusmom View Post
    I believe Cardisure is the equivalent of Vetmedin in the U.S. and the active ingredient in both is pimobendan. Taking his drug concurrently with Vetoryl is not a problem. It is most likely the ace inhibitor drugs, such as enalapril and benazapril, you are remembering. These drugs should be used with great caution with Vetoryl as both can cause a decrease in aldosterone which can result in a serious electrolyte imbalance due to increased potassium levels.

Glynda
    Glynda, thank you for your answer. That's a great news.

I wish you Merry Christmas!

You are very welcome and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas too.