Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Corgi diagnosed today w Cushing's - Sadie has passed

Default Re: Corgi diagnosed today w Cushing's

Quote Originally Posted by Alsarve View Post
    Thank you guys. Sadie passed in my arms about 20 mins ago. glad she had some yummy meat before she crossed over that rainbow bridge.
    Oh my goodness, I was busy typing my own reply while you posted this news. I am so, so sorry!!!!!!

I have to wonder whether Sadie actually had a tumor or some type of internal bleed that was causing her the pain and the bloating. Again, I’m so deeply sorry, but I know you’re so grateful that she was there in your loving arms. And please know we’ll always be here for you if you want to talk more about what’s happened. What a shock :-((((((((

Sending huge hugs flying across the miles to you!

Oh no! I am so so sorry to hear this and cannot imagine how you must be feeling. But I am sure she was where she most wanted to be - in your loving arms and that she flew from this life on the wings of love. Please know we are here to listen any time.

My deepest sympathies
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

How sad....I have been following and hoping things would improve. Sadie died knowing she was loved. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Having terrible amounts of guilt right now thinking I should have taken Sadie back to the vet days before she passed. Sick to think she was in pain and I passed it off as Cushing's symptoms. Miss her...

Everyone here surely understands, and we remain so sorry for your pain. I think it’s impossible not to feel guilty in the face of such a sudden loss. After the passage of nearly 15 years, I still have moments of guilt and regret over the death of my own Cushpup. And questions. So many unanswered questions that really can never be answered.

Since our beloved companions can’t talk, we can never know for certain whether or not they’re OK. We can only guess as to what they’re feeling and as to what is really going on inside. But you did the very best you could for Sadie, armed with the information you had in hand. Most importantly, you loved her. And the decisions you made for her were based on that love.

I know we can’t make your grief or guilt or questions go away. But we do understand since many of us have suffered in the same way. So please know we’re always here to talk, and to share our hearts and also memories of better days, as well.

Tons more hugs flying your way, always in loving memory of your sweet girl.
    Marianne

Oh that guilt can destroy us if we let it and sometimes it is so so very hard to let it go. I still carry an immense amount of guilt over my little Trinket who suffered horribly her last week of life while I continued to believe she wanted to live and fought so hard to give her that chance. The necropsy showed me how very wrong I had been in that belief, how badly she had been misdiagnosed which I trusted for the most part and it is so hard for me to put that away even tho she has been gone 1 1/2 years now. It has changed me forever.

Our little beloved Souls are so so stoic when they are in pain. They hide it well and no matter how intune with them we may be it is all too often easy for us, and vets, to miss what is actually going on with them. And I believe they truly do know how much we want them with us so they fight all the harder to keep their suffering to themselves. They are noble creatures with whom we are blessed to share life. Once they leave this life the battle to survive anguish becomes ours. We have to remind ourselves constantly of the good times, the times that are the true treasures of our relationship with them, and do our best to forgive ourselves even tho we did not, never would have, caused their suffering on purpose. We did all we did from a place of deep, deep love.

You and I will continue to grieve as we need as we learn to accept what was and what never could have been...and that in spite of the voices in our heads work to remember we were and are good moms, that we did everything we did or didn't do because we loved them so very very much. Our babies know what is in our hearts, now and then, and they don't harbor any harsh feelings but still love us as much as we do them.

You are not alone. My tears and the tears of others here who feel the same as you and I are with you.
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

The guilt...always wondering if I did the right thing.

Towards the end, she wouldn't look at me. It was like she didn't want me to see how she was feeling, like she knew I would know...and I did. She just didn't seem right, even though her blood work was good and the vets kept saying how great she looked for her age. She, who would eat anything, refused any food that I put the Vetoryl in, like she was telling me enough. I should have left her alone and enjoyed the time she had left. Instead, I medicated her, ran to the vet at any sign I perceived of something being wrong, watched her like a hawk, took her every couple of weeks for the ACTH test.

The guilt...I live with it every day. My little Lena, my angel, dog of my heart.

We all know how you feel and what you're going through, but we can only do as much as we can with the knowledge we have at the time. We love them and they know it. They love us and we know it.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Thank you everyone....❤