Thread: Hello everyone!

Default Hello everyone!

Hello everyone! I’m asking to help me with complicated issue. One week ago my chihuahua Tyson Wass diagnosed with Cushing’s, we live in Ukraine. Vet gave us a prescription for “Vetoryl” 5mg. Unfortunately in our country there are no such medications with proper dosage nor offices of manufacturers. All online-stores abroad require prescription. Our prescription doesn’t suit. Is anyone able to purchase this medicine in required dosage for me without prescription?

Default Re: Hello everyone!

Hello, and welcome to you and Tyson. Is Vetoryl sold in doses other than 5 mg. there in the Ukraine, or is it not sold there in any dose at all? If it is sold in a larger dose, perhaps your vet could rewrite the prescription so that a pharmacist or chemist could take a larger capsule and repack it into the 5 mg. size. Here in the U.S., pharmacies that are able to make individual special doses are called “compounding” pharmacies, but I don’t know if you have the same thing in the Ukraine. If you cannot buy Vetoryl (or the active chemical, trilostane) at all in the Ukraine, then that is a different problem and we’ll have to think more about any options you may have.

In the meantime, can you tell us more about little Tyson and his Cushing’s diagnosis and overall health history? We’re really glad you’ve found us, and we’d love to learn more about him.

Once again, welcome!
    Marianne

Hi Olga and welcome.

Dechra, the manufacturer of Vetoryl, has field offices in many countries but unfortunately the closest one to the Ukraine is in Poland. You could contact that field office and ask them if there is any you can get Vetoryl in the Ukraine. Not all doses are available in all countries so it may not be possible to get 5 mg. I've provided a link to Dechra - Poland below. You can also contact veterinary teaching colleges/university in the Ukraine and see if they can help you locate trilostane which is the active ingredient in Vetoryl. I am so sorry that you are not having much luck finding the drug you need for your dog and I'm sorry we cannot be of more help.

https://www.dechra.pl/kontakt/obsluga-klienta

Thank you all for your replies and assistance. My vet defined the 2.5mg dose per day, so that’s why I need 5mg (to split divide it by two). Bigger dose will be very hard to split properly. Unfortunately, we don’t have such service as “compounding”. Maybe, someone can help me to buy it Europe in required dose. I’m afraid of eating time, while my dog is suffering this disease.

Hi Olga. I wish we could be of more help but I really think your best chance of obtaining the 5 mg capsules is to contact Dechra in Poland. Please let us know if you are able to reach them.

Could you tell me the contacts of the company that deals with the division of the drug?

Hi again, Olga. After searching the internet, it seems to me that there do seem to be some compounding pharmacies in Ukraine. For instance, take a look at the first page for this article:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...TeIw65tSrewLM:

Perhaps if you contact the Dept. of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at the National University of Pharmacy, they can help you make contact with a compounding pharmacy there in the Ukraine.

http://en.nuph.edu.ua/department-of-...cal-chemistry/

Or one of these other departments may be helpful:

http://en.nuph.edu.ua/departments/

Do let us know if this helps.
    Marianne