Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hello all, looking for advice with our baby Minnie

Default Re: Hello all, looking for advice with our baby Minnie

Anxious to hear with the Derm Dr says!! In the meantime i've been looking Minnie over closely for more lumps/bumps and have found what i think is an enlarged thyroid gland in her neck (only on one side).
    The noisy breathing and snoring that i attributed to the extra weight may be from the swollen gland.

Glad we have the vet appt tomorrow!!

Good luck with the derm visit today...anxiously waiting with you!

I would be interested to hear what they say about the lump. Gable has one on the side of his neck, but my vet said it was just a cyst.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Good news! Just looking at Minnie's spots the Dr said they were comedones. He gave us a special shampoo that she has to soak in at least 10 minutes a couple times a week for a few weeks. He said he'd could biopsy any of them, but none of her spots looked like CC to him.

He also recommended a Omega 3 supplement.

Also, the lump on her neck i was feeling was just her lymph node.

YAY!!! Glad to hear this report!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Relieved to hear that those lumps/bumps were comedones and not that dreaded CC. Hopefully the shampoo will work, let us know how it is going!

Sorry for the long absence.

We watched Minnie for months on the once a day 10mg dose with little to no change. Because she'd not shown any improvement and her cortisol test results were still on the borderline high the vet recommended a change to a twice a day 10mg dose. She's been on the twice a day since mid-June.

We've seen no improvement in her fur/skin and no increased muscle since beginning the vetoryl. She's still unable to jump even onto our couch.

Her skin actually appears worse. Very scaly, dry looking. More comedones. She even has a few spots on her belly beginning to look reddish and irritated

We are still holding out hope that we'll start to see some improvement with this extra dose.

Hi,

Good to hear from you again but sorry to hear Minnie isn't showing much improvement. Would you mind getting the last few ACTH results and sharing them with us here? That will help us help you. Thanks!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I have to apologize again for the long absence.

Minnie seemed somewhat normal since my last post in August, with the exception of the muscle weakness.

In early December we noticed her fur thinning considerably throughout her entire body but more so around her front shoulder area. That area is almost completely hairless now.

She went in a couple weeks ago for a 6 month ACTH test and results were within the normal range. (Before the increase in meds she was always borderline high)(She's been on the 10mg twice a day for six months now)

The vet didn't seem concerned about the hair loss and recommended a fish oil supplement daily.

The muscles weakness has gotten worse over the last few days to the point she cannot climb our carpeted stairs.

I'm thinking the increase in dosage may be doing more harm than good. I know the hair loss is a typical cushing's symptom but shouldn't be happening if her levels are "normal".

I'll get the last two ACTH test results and post them.
    Last edited by Minnie's Mom and Dad; 01-04-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Welcome back to you and Minnie, although I’m very sorry she’s doing poorly right now. Seeing those ACTH results will really help us a great deal in terms of offering thoughts and suggestions. I always worry a bit when I hear that ACTH test results are “normal,” because the normal range for a dog without Cushing’s varies quite a bit from the desired therapeutic range for a dog who’s being treated with trilostane. So before commenting further, I’ll be anxious to see those actual test numbers. In the meantime, though, we really appreciate getting an update even though we wish the news was better for Minnie.

Marianne