Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thoughts on Possible Cushings? (Kiwi has passed)

Default Re: Cushing's Resolving??

Sadly things took a bad turn...

I noticed after walks he seemed pretty tired and in the evening a bit uncomfortable. I took him to the vet on Thursday for recheck of his UTI and stones. His UTI seemed to be resolved or resolving and the stones were lesss numerous. We kept him on Clavamox nonetheless for another 10d in case the stones released more bacteria or the infection wasn't 100% subdued. He didn't eat as much on Thursday evening, even less so on Friday morning and seemed a bit lethargic. Friday evening he wouldn't eat but a little kibble. He threw up in the early morning and appeared to be in pain on Saturday. I took him to the ER vet hospital and he was diagnosed with pancreatitis. The hope was for pain meds and fluids and pancreas to heal itself (interestingly his white count was not high, almost as though his immune system wasn't really working). But unfortunately by Sunday morning there was septic fluid about his organs. I took him home and he passed away peacefully in the afternoon. It is really, really hard. I think so much the harder as with his diabetes and Cushing's he required lots of care, he was my world. Despite all that though he survived long and was stunningly active until the very end.

Thank you for your advice over time.
    Kiwi - male Schnauzer, 2yrs Cushings, 4yrs diabetes, 14yrs 3m on passing on 6/21/2020

I'm so sorry for your loss of dear, sweet Kiwi. Many hugs to you at this difficult time.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh Mark! I’m so sorry, too, for your loss. Just when we were hoping that things had settled down a bit, and now this sad news. You have been such a wonderful dad and have taken such good care of your boy. Even with his illnesses, you granted him a long and joyful life. I so understand what you mean about the sudden and special emptiness in your own life right now, though, after having been so watchful and so tender in your care for him. Suddenly there is no longer a schedule or purpose to the hours as they tick by. And no devoted companion by your side. A loss like this cuts so deeply, and is so very hard indeed.

We hope it may bring you at least a little comfort to know that Kiwi has now been added to our special memorial thread of honor:

https://www.k9cushings.com/forum/sho...Left-Us-(2020)

And please know that we’ll welcome you back at any time if you want to talk more about what has happened or how you are doing. Again, I’m so deeply sorry, but very grateful that you returned to let us know.

Warm thoughts always, to you yourself, and in loving memory of your brave boy.
    Marianne

Dear Mark,

I am so sorry to learn about your precious Kiwi. No matter the circumstances we are never ready for that day to come when our babies must leave us. It is my firm belief that we will see them again when our jobs here are done. Until that day, we will carry the pain of their physical absence along with the ever-lasting love we shared with them. Please know we are here if you need to talk...we DO understand.

My deepest sympathies,
    Leslie

A Bridge Called Love

It takes us back to brighter years,
    to happier sunlit days
    and to precious moments
    that will be with us always.
    And these fond recollections
    are treasured in the heart
    to bring us always close to those
    from whom we had to part.

There is a bridge of memories
    from earth to Heaven above...
    It keeps our dear ones near us

It's the bridge that we call love.

Author Unknown
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.