Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our newest family member - Vanilla

Default Re: Our newest family member - Vanilla

Hi all. Well, gee, this new position is taking up a lot of my time, longer hours than ever but certainly different.

Vanilla has transitioned just fine to being non crated during the day and to me being away longer hours. She only gets grumpy if she doesn't get her time with me after i get home. Then she'll bark at me till I stop working for a bit and have some vanilla time. LOL The girl knows what she wants and when she wants it.

I like the job and I like that I'm doing something different. Only thing is that 2 days after I accepted the postion, I found out that the girl training me, who is actually farily new too so we were both learning together, is unexpectedly getting married and moving to Dubai all within 3 months of my joining the team. That means that it has been a non stop crash course to learn everything that normally I would have had about a year to get proficient at. I'm literally working day and night to try to get up to speed, as I'll be taking over her base of clients on top of my own (that I'm still trying to figure out anyway) until we get someone hired and Then I have to train the new person. it is beyond overwhelming and my stress level hit over 100% sometime around the first part of December. I've cancelled a trip to California over the holidays as I need to be here to cram as much as I can in while she is still here. I think she'll leave mid February for good.

We did get out to Kelowna for the grandsons birthday and we plan to go back just for a long weekend in February for our granddaughters birthday. That's all i can manage to be away for.

I haven't even decorated for Christmas this year as just too hectic and I'm never home anyhow it feels like. We have gone out to a few friends parties but I'm not having anyone over as when I'm home I really want down time and to chill out instead of entertaining. Not like me at all is it.

Anyway, I did want to stop in during the holidays and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from me, Daniel and Vanilla. Love you all and miss you so very much
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Dear Sharlene,

Seeing you here on the forum is like opening an early Christmas present!

Dang it, though, I hate it that your new job is still so stressful and demanding. But such good news about Vanilla settling in, and hopefully there *will* come a day when things finally settle down more for you, too. We miss you, girl!!!

Merry Christmas to you and all your loved ones, and thanks soooooo much for stopping by.

Merry Christmas everyone from me and vanilla.

It’s been awhile since I popped in. Work and more work has kept me busier than ever especially during COVID world.
    I’ve been working from home since March 16 and I think input in more hours now than I ever did before. That saying something. LOL.

Vanilla is doing okay. She is now in anti anxiety meds to help with the in home aggression. We also have a positive reenforcement trainer too.

Hubby’s mom moved in with us end of March early April and that has been challenging as she is 89 and doesn’t get around so we’ll any more.

We lost my BIL unexpectedly before Christmas. Still unsure as to what happened there and so we are waiting in the coroners report which can take months since they are doing an investigation to cause. It made the holidays hard to get through. It was never going to be an easy holiday anyway with not seeing family and doing all the things we are use to during the holidays but you know better safe than sorry.
    My nieces uncle died of COVID in December also. And we know people who have tested positive so we do try to be extra careful.

I just wanted to say hello. Wish everyone a merry. Bristles and happy new year and hope you amd your furbabies are all doing well.

Miss you all.

Love
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Boo!

sorry to hear your sad news Sharlene, that just sucks at this time of year. My condolences to your family.

you will tame Vanilla with all the love you have to give her she’s a firecracker for sure.

Happy bristles to you and Daniel
    Stop worrying about what can go wrong and start getting excited about what can go right!

Trish! Boy seems like forever and a day since we have talked. Good to see you.
    Crap on the BC. Glad they got it all!!!

Best wishes to you and the family!!

Yea, vanilla is a firecracker alright. She is also a total love bunny. We will get her through this one way or another .

Hugs

Good to hear from you here, Sharlene! I am so sorry to hear about the losses your family has had to face tho. I hope you and yours were able to find some reasons to smile this Holiday season anyway. I hope the meds and training help with Vanilla's issues so she can better enjoy her life and ya'll enjoy her.

Hugs always,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh my, what a great way to start the New Year — to see these familiar faces back again!! Sharlene, I totally agree with Leslie that I’m so sorry for your losses and for the family challenges you’re still facing. And that darn job of yours GRRRR!!! I can’t help but resent it because it keeps you away from us and it keeps you stressed out. That’s why I’m doubly grateful that you’re willing to take the time to return and update us now, when you’ve got so much going on.

Fingers crossed that Vanilla just keeps growing more comfortable as time goes on, and that you, Daniel, his mom, and the rest of your family all can stay safe. Love you, girl, and hoping to see you here again before long.

Marianne

Hi All, I posted a short note on the December checking in thread, but thought I should update a bit here too. Vanilla has gotten better behavior wise. We've had several different trainers in to help us with how to manage her anxiety. The vet put her on Zylkene which basically brings up the serotonin levels and that seems to have helped her some too.

We haven't traveled or gone anywhere with covid being so "out there", which is a bummer. We have friends who have traveled and Daniel did fly to BC for a weekend, but I stayed home and flights were just outrageously priced. I still had anxiety about him traveling, but he took antigen tests when he came back and then two days later. I don't know how it is in the states but here in Canada most of us have antigen tests on hand and take them before we get together with anyone and we are still doing outside more than inside gatherings, if at all.

Wishing you all a wonderful christmas and new years. Sending you tons of love and virtual hugs this holiday season.

Oh Sharlene, it’s so great to hear from you and to know that you guys have stayed safe. For sure, it has been a crazy couple of years, hasn’t it? I still remember how much fun we always had talking about your company’s holiday parties — I felt as though I was getting to go right along with you! But it is what it is, as they say, and hopefully at least a few of our old traditions will be returning in the days ahead.

I’m so glad to hear that Vanilla has been doing better. Especially during these trying homebound times, our sweet furbabies can provide us with such comfort and even entertainment. I know these last couple of years would have been so much lonelier for us without Luna.

Anyway, once again thanks sooooooo much for stopping by! Sending huge holiday hugs right back at you!!

Marianne

Dear Sharlene,
    It is always so good to hear from you! I am glad to know your sweet Vanilla is settling in and finding her comfort zone. And I hope your work is calmer this year than it was last...which sounded like a real roller coaster!

COVID has changed how many of us celebrate the Holidays and every day. But I am so glad you have gotten to see your family even if in small batches. That has to be so wonderful for you and Daniel as well as your family members who get to see ya'll.

I hope the coming year brings many blessings to you and yours and many happy hours with your precious Vanilla.
    Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.