Hello, I'd like to offer this thread to catalog calcinosis cutis treatment journeys so that we can learn from the successes of others. I have started documenting my dog, Phoebe's, battle with CC, and you can find the google photo album here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RilEfECYugjNWcXR2

I will be periodically updating that album and this thread. Phoebe's CC appeared about a week into treatment (60mg Vetoryl 1x/day) as a thickening of the skin traveling down her spine from the back of her neck to almost her tail. Right after we first noticed it, her hair would pull off in clumps with very little effort. The vet took a sample to test, and we are waiting on the results. However, since she has been diagnosed with Cushing's, the consensus is that it is CC. We are currently treating with MiconaHex+Triz medicated mousse 2x/day, and our vet prescribed cefpodoxime 100mg antibiotics (1x/day for 14 days) to battle any skin infection that may begin.

3/15/18 - ACTH stem test results:

Pre: 8.1 ug/dL

As I was informed in a different thread, the CC will most likely continue to form until her cortizol levels have dropped below 5 ug/dL. Our next ACTH stem test is scheduled for March 30. At this time, the skin does not appear to be bleeding, and seems to be sensitive, if not painful (she flinches when you touch near the effected area.)

Leah