Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calcinosis Cutis treatment thread

Default Re: Calcinosis Cutis treatment thread

I am glad you are keeping this CC thread going but please do be sure to update her thread in the Discussion forum when things other than the CC come up. The majority of members will not be looking here for anything other than CC so info like the ACTH will go unseen by most and therefore you won't be getting any input.

As far as the ACTH results go, they are almost there! Just a few more points down and hopefully you will really start to see the CC clearing up. It has been our experience that as long as the cortisol remains above the optimal the CC will be very hard to get hold of. Once that cortisol is down to the 3-2.5 ug/dl mark things start to improve.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Her spells of distress (whining, panting, pacing) seemed to be getting better, but in the last couple of days have gotten worse. I am continuing the DMSO every other day or so, just on the couple of patches where there are active eruptions. I'm moisturizing with the Jax n Daisy when she seems distressed to see if that helps. Yesterday, we noticed a small hard patch on her forehead just above her eyes, which feels like her neck did when this all started, so I'm concerned there's another eruption coming there. I will keep an eye on it.

Added a current photo of her back to her google album. it's healing up quite well and she's getting some fur coming back on the areas that started first.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/RilEfECYugjNWcXR2

Great photo documentation! Keep in mind all that calcium has to work its way up to and thru the skin so it typically does get worse before it gets better.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I was reading on the Facebook page for cc this afternoon. The product was very highly recommended that a woman says that she and her friends dogs with cc are responding very well to after trying multiple prescriptions from their vets that did not work.
    The website is https://www.parkmoreirishhorseimports.com/
    They use the Botanica natural herbal cream that they put on the sores twice daily, and the Botanica cleansing wash which contains tea tree oil and lavender oil, you dilute it and wash the dog in it and then do not rinse. You dry and then put on the cream. with shipping it cost me $79 for a 300 mL container of the cream and a 300 mL container of the cleansing wash. Do not get the cream called small animal cream, get the cream called natural herbal cream. That price includes the $10 shipping, if you are in Kentucky and can pick it up at the store it is $69 for both of those. I’ll let you know how it works. We are in the beginning stages of what I am sure is cc.
    Thanks,

Betsy’s Mom, Cathy