Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gus - Recent diagnosis

Default Re: Recent diagnosis

Great idea!!!!

Linda

Linda,

Sorry for not responding again sooner, but have been silently following along and keeping you and Gus in my thoughts. How is he doing today?

Shana
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Hi Shana
    Thank you.

Today they did blood tests. His liver values went down. His kidney values went up slightly. There is some acidity in his blood.

They are changing his fluids to bring the acidity in the blood down. They believe this is the reason why he is breathing so hard and the reason for the rise in his kidney values.

They are going to take him off the oxygen because they believe this change in fluids will help his breathing.

He is alert. When we were in this morning he tried to sit up when he saw us. His ears perked up when we talked to him. He tried to roll over many times while we were there. And he's peeing which they were excited to see.

Please keep the prayers coming.

Thank you all for caring. It really means so much to me.....

Linda

Oh that sounds better and better!! I am so glad! Prayers will most certainly continue! Thank you so much keeping us updated!

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Just a quick update here.

We went to see him tonight. I know, I am crazy but we try to go 2-3 times a day so he knows we are there for him.
    Tonight, they brought him into us without his fluids and allowed us to sit with him in a comfort room for 45 minutes. While we had him, he sat on my nephew's lap. We gave him a rub down and he loved it. He even wagged his tail. He was very alert.

We wiped him down with baby wipes. He just loved it.

We just called here at 9:25 PM and they told us he was resting comfortably. What a God send. He has not rested comfortably for days.

We will be off tomorrow morning to see him. I will keep you posted.

Thank you all for your prayers and energy.

Linda

Sounds like he feels better. It's not crazy at all. I think it comforts them knowing that you will be back.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Wonderful updates!! Be as crazy as you need to be for your boy. I'm sure he loves to see you!
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

No, not crazy at all! I tried to live at clinics and hospitals more than once. Once my Squirt had to have a tumor on her spleen removed then developed pancreatitis that required her to return to the hospital for four more days. I called so often they finally told me they had put me on a schedule and one of her nurses would call ME. I wasn't allowed to see her for a few days because they wanted her to stay calm and it drove me nuts! I would go the hospital anyway and talk to the nurses or just hang out in the waiting room just in case. No, your not nuts at all!

It does sound like Gus is getting better every day and I am so very happy for you all! I pray this trend continues and he is soon back home where he belongs!

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Gus Update.

He's becoming more and more animated. He's sitting longer. His breathing is stabilizing. His kidney values are up but they said it can be managed through diet.

We now need to get him to eat. Please send energy and prayers for gus to eat.

I am grateful to all of you.
    Linda

Good news to start the day! Love it....
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.