Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Is it cushings or not with our blue - Blue has passed

Default Re: Is it cushings or not with our blue

just wanted to check in....we got blue's test results...doing good! total T4- 2.2 - the cortisol-pre ACTH was 1.3 and the Cortisol-Post ACTH 2.1 . his ALP was 642 six months ago and now it is 281. we were happy about that! the Anion GAP number was 29 which was high. should I be worried about that? anyhow...we are winning I suppose. his cough stopped also so maybe he had a bug. thanks for listening.

Thanks so much for updating us! In general, it sounds as though things are looking good. However, depending upon how far out of range the Anion Gap is, that could indeed be a problem. That’s a lab result with which I am largely unfamiliar, but after Googling it just now, I see that there can be a variety of causes for elevation including diabetes, pancreatitis, kidney problems, Addison’s disease, GI problems, etc. Some of these issues can be serious, so what has your vet told you about Blue’s result? Is the result very far out of range?

Marianne

hello! blue's urinalysis came back and I think we are doing good.
    the vet stated: Blue's urinalysis results are as expected showing a very dilute urine (caused by Cushing's disease), without protein or blood in the urine. One commonly finds bacteria in free catch urine and without evidence of an active sediment (white and red blood cells), this is considered not clinically significant.

When urine is dilute a regular urinalysis may not pick up bacteria so an urine culture and sensitivity test is recommended.

Lori

Blues eyes are dilated we went to vet his pupils aren't working she thinks sards we are referring to opthomologist. She did test for diabetes and high blood pressure all good there. Ugh.

I am so sorry to hear this, please let us know what you find out...keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Lori

So eye doctor said his eyes are healthy so vet thinks it's neurological in his brain. A stim test showed normal cushing s controlled no overdose on vetryol. We are treating conservatively symptomatic so he's started on low dose steroid last night to maybe reduce swelling his brain. This morning he's peeing in my house. Ugh

Ugh...I'm so sorry.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Blue has passed. We believe it was brain tumor that caused him to shut down. He became totally lethargic didn't engage seemed confused didn't seem to know us had strange distant cloudy look in his eyes didn't want to eat incontinent in house. vet agreed it was time. We are devastated. Thank you all for so much support and guidance. we couldn't have got through all this without you. You were such a great help to us in taking care of blue.

Default Re: Is it cushings or not with our blue - Blue has passed

Dear Larinda, I’m so deeply sorry to read your news this morning. Having lost my own Cushpup to what we assume was an expanding macrotumor, my heart goes out to you doubly. We witnessed the same symptom progression, and it was tragic to witness our boy leaving us, step-by-step, right before our eyes. Blue is now released from any more confusion or suffering, but I know the hole in your own heart is enormous. We hope it’ll give you a bit of comfort to know that Blue is now listed on our memorial thread of honor:

https://www.k9cushings.com/forum/sho...Left-Us-(2019)

If you will tell us the day he passed, we can add that to his line. We can also add a photo link at any time. You can send any photo of your choice to us at k9cushings@gmail.com.

In the meantime, please accept my deep sympathy on your loss. And please know that we’ll welcome you back at any time to tell us how you’re doing, or to share memories of your sweet boy.

Sending many hugs to you from across the miles,
    Marianne