Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wayne has crossed The Bridge / Wayne-Newly diagnosed 10-year-old pit mix

Default Re: Wayne-Newly diagnosed 10-year-old pit mix, horrible reactions to Vetoryl/Trilosta

By the time we got to the vet the swelling had completely disappeared! He must've just bumped into something or had some sort of allergic reaction that was short-lived because if it had been an infection, it would have taken much longer to go away. I just assumed it was another infection. It looked terrible.

This dog really keeps me on my toes!

Default Re: Wayne-Newly diagnosed 10-year-old pit mix, horrible reactions to Vetoryl/Trilosta

Our Vet ER is 20 minutes from the house and there were a number of times that we took molly in only to have her be fine by the time we got there and the vet could check her out. (the admins probably remember, as I think I texted the forum every time we were there and I was in panic mode. not sure why it always happened late at night either) sigh Glad that it is okay now though.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Dogs and kids have impeccable timing. Our daughter also only gets sick on Friday and Saturday nights, basically whenever the pediatrician has just closed for the weekend :/

We are so relieved that it wasn't another infection. Just keeping a close eye on him for the next one, since we absolutely know it's coming...

Checking in because it's been a while. Wayne is still hanging in there. We fear his disease is progressing now as his appetite and thirst have not been great despite the massive doses of trilostane, and he has started to lose his hair again, especially on his hind quarters and shoulders. Has anyone experienced this? At first I thought it was normal shedding but I've never seen a dog lose this much hair every single day. Does anyone have similar experiences they can share? Happy belated Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope your furry friends are doing well and your human families too

When you say that his appetite and thirst aren't great, what exactly do you mean? If he isn't eating or drinking much than his cortisol could have dropped too low. When was the last time his cortisol and electrolytes were checked?

Lori

TW: death

For closure, I wanted to report that my sweet boy Wayne has passed away. It actually happened in November 2019, 6 months ago, and I am still sad about it. I am crying just trying to write this post.

The cause of death was either a large intracranial mass (tumor) or pituitary apoplexy (where the pituitary itself hemorrhages, causing a large bleed in the brain), which they had to consider given his history of Cushing's disease. He was in status epilepticus (nonstop seizures) at the end, so it was not possible or reasonable to get him scanned to figure out the exact right diagnosis. He died with me by his side, and when they brought me back to the resuscitation room at the ER where they were treating him and I laid my hands on his pitiful frame, he let out a big sigh of relief, and I really believe he knew I was by his side. Prior to that during the seizures, I certainly do not think he knew what was going on, so I am so glad I got that moment with him. For anyone local to NYC, I recommend AMC Animal Medical Center for your dog's care. They were absolutely amazing and I am so grateful to them.

Hug your loved ones, and stay safe during these strange times of pandemic. <3
    Last edited by Squirt's Mom; 05-24-2020 at 09:23 AM. Reason: to remove offer of meds

I'm so sorry for your loss of sweet Wayne. I'm on Long Island and we have used the AMC before when our Saluki was diagnosed with Canine Lymphoma in 1996. They were wonderful.

When my Lena had heart issues four years ago, I was going to take her there to see a cardiologist, but she died in the Emergency Clinic that same night. I still cry....
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Dear Pibblesandbits,

I am just so sorry to hear about our sweet Wayne. The pain you feel still today is something I know so well and I can tell you it does get better. It may never go away but it does become more bearable with time. That old saying that time heals all wounds? Not true. But time does let us learn how to carry those wounds, and often carry them with grace. I have no doubt that your precious baby boy knew your hands were on him in his last moments here in this life and knowing that, a great peace came over him allowing him to leave on wings of love. Since then he has seen every tear, heard every sob, shared every memory. He is now watching over you just as you watched over him for long. It is my firm belief that one day we will see out beloved babies again and on that day they will fly into our arms to cover our faces with kisses. Our fates are locked together for all time because loves like this can never fade.

Please know we are here anytime you wish to talk and we would be honored to celebrate the life you and Wayne shared if you would like to start a memorial thread in the In Loving Memory section. We DO understand what you are going thru.

My deepest sympathies,
    Leslie

A Blessing For Absence
    by John O’Donohue

May you know that absence is full of tender presence
    and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten.

May the absences in your life be full of eternal echo.

May you sense around you the secret Elsewhere which holds
    the presences that have left your life.

May you be generous in your embrace of loss.

May the sore of your grief turn into a well of seamless presence.

May your compassion reach out to the ones we never hear
    from and may you have the courage to speak out for the
    excluded ones.

May you become the gracious and passionate subject of your own life.

May you not disrespect your mystery through brittle words or false belonging.

May you be embraced by God in whom dawn and twilight
    are one and may your longing inhabit its deepest dreams
    within the shelter of the Great Belonging.

From Eternal Echoes
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved boy, Wayne, and my heart goes out to you. Please know we are here for you and always will be, if you should ever need to talk, please please, come back to us.

Hugs, Lori