Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is It Me? (Site software upgrade issues)

Default Re: Is It Me?

Is there a timer on the site now or something? Like if you don't post for ______ minutes it signs you out?
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I have not had any issues with timing out as long as I check the "Remember Me" box. I've "sat" here for quite a while without any problems. If that box isn't checked, though, folks will indeed be timed out. Are you having problems even though you've checked the box, Les?

Yes box checked but when I leave the computer and come back I have been signed out. And that's on all systems.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Hmmmmm...that is weird. I have noticed that my name drops off the "Currently Active Users" list at the bottom of the page after I've been quiet for a while, but I've never actually been logged off. I reappear on the list as soon as I do something. Earlier this morning, I remained logged in but was inactive for over an hour. No problems with being thrown off, though. I wonder if this could be another Firefox issue? Let's see whether Judi has experienced this problem, too (or anybody else, for that matter).

Probably only me with a host of weird issues! :-D

Even if you go to the site via "https:" (which is secure), any link or button (including log in) takes you to the site unsecured "http:". This is probably why Firefox is showing the warning. Chrome browser DOES show it though it's not quite as obvious ... so you may not notice if you're not paying attention. I'm at work and won't install Firefox here - but I can do it at home later to compare to Chrome and IE. (Both Chrome and IE show that it's not secured but apparently I've bypassed those notifications.)

As for timeouts... I have remained logged in at home and on my phone without any issues, though I haven't stayed "inactive" on the site for long. At work I don't have the "remember me" option selected but again, don't stay for long.
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

I've left it alone for a while and it hasn't kicked me off. Cool!

Yes, It logs me out when I haven't been on it for a while. This is not new for me. It has always been that way. What is new however, is this site no longer saves my password and I have to type it in each time.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

I'm not having any trouble. I've been logged on for days.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Quote Originally Posted by Budster's Mom View Post
    Yes, It logs me out when I haven't been on it for a while. This is not new for me. It has always been that way. What is new however, is this site no longer saves my password and I have to type it in each time.
    The login is different for me too. I now have to click on the password field and then my PW is there....also make sure you check the remember me box.