Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Me? (Site software upgrade issues)

Default Re: Is It Me?

Quote Originally Posted by molly muffin View Post
    Is anyone else encountering security alerts when they login to the forum?
    Not here. Using Google Chrome on Windows PC's (both at home and work) as well as on my Android phone.

Working in IT, I understand how complicated this stuff can be... even when it appears simple. But if you're taking requests (haha) I would love the option to choose the template. I actually prefer the current look - dark on a lighter background is easier for me. I understand if that's not possible at this time... if you get the original template back and lose the current look, so be it.

And though I have absolutely zero experience with vBulletin, other than usage here... if I can help, let me know!
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Not me...I'm on Chrome.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Let me see if I can show you. I don't use a smart phone so screen shots are out for me. ;-) I am also getting kicked off so that I have to sign in over and over.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

It won't let me copy/paste so I just typed out the messages I get.

When I sign in on either the funky page with the menu running down the LH side or if I go to VBulletin this is the first message I get -

“This connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised.”
    It shows a padlock with a line thru it in red. I go ahead and enter my password and get this message in a box that pops up –

“Security warning:
    (a ? in a circle), The information you hae entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection and could be read by a third party.
    Are you sure you want to send this information?
    Yes No”
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Leslie, download a free program called Paint. http://microsoft_paint.en.downloadastro.com/ I keep the shortcut on my desktop cause I use it all the time. On your keyboard near the top right is a key for print screen. When you get to something you want to take a pic of.... hit the print screen button. Then open paint and on the left open the file button and you can see the paste button. Just hit the paste button and what you had on the previous screen will then post. Save it to whatever you want then you can send it anywhere you want as an attached file. You even have the option while in paint to crop out anything that you don"t want..just surround what you are saving with the rectangular box, hit the crop button and save it to wherever. I may have written all this for you and you know how to do it already - LOL.
    Last edited by spdd; 11-01-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Leslie, have you tried using this link: https://www.k9cushings.com

Googling I did find that with the newest update to Firefox 57 people are having issues like yours. Are you using Firefox?

Yes Ladies, this is much better on the eyes. Thank you!

The emoticons are still very difficult to see, so I won't be using those.

I am not having any security issues on my Ipad with this site. I have not tried to log in with my laptop recently.

Kathy
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Getting there, looking better for sure... I have to use Firefox, Google won't let me play anything re videos etc.... so Firefox it is, and yes I do get the warning when signing in.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

Lori, yes that is the path I am using in...or one of them. It doesn't matter if I use a bookmark, go from a google search to our site, if I maually type in the address....I get the security warning. I get it still this morning.

Yes, I use Firefox.

I signed in on the Dell (I typically use my old VAIO) and the look is different on the two systems. On the VAIO things are very very hard on my eyes, much fainter than on the Dell and blurrier than the Dell. I still get the security warnings on both machines. Both run Firefox.