Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is It Me? (Site software upgrade issues)

Default Re: Is It Me?

I was having trouble logging in & had to change my password. I still can't log in on my phone. My photos won't upload. They are JPG format- is that not correct?

Gosh Annie, dunno why you'd be having password/login issues. Let us know if they persist.

As for the photos, JPG is indeed correct. However, we may need to increase the acceptable sizing parameters with this new update. I just had trouble uploading a photo myself until I resized it downwards. So it looks as though this may be another glitch that we need to troubleshoot <SIGH>

Edited to add: this is me, Marianne! I've been working on correcting the photo links in our memorial albums.

I got kicked off again yesterday and still get a security warning...which is concerning.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Quote Originally Posted by DoxieMama View Post
    Even if you go to the site via "https:" (which is secure), any link or button (including log in) takes you to the site unsecured "http:". This is probably why Firefox is showing the warning. Chrome browser DOES show it though it's not quite as obvious ... so you may not notice if you're not paying attention. I'm at work and won't install Firefox here - but I can do it at home later to compare to Chrome and IE. (Both Chrome and IE show that it's not secured but apparently I've bypassed those notifications.)
    Hopefully Shana can comment as to whether or not I'm off-base as to what I'm about to say, but my impression is that the security issue relates to the fact that the stuff you type here (including your username and password) is not encrypted. So that means that theoretically somebody could "intercept" the stuff you type. But since you're not entering sensitive info (aside from your password), this is probably a non-issue. For instance, you're not giving credit card numbers or social security numbers, etc. And actually, since it's a public forum, the whole world can already see what you're typing, anyway!

It's probably a good idea for folks to use passwords that are unique to this site (and not the same password you use for your bank accounts -- HA!). But otherwise, I don't think the lack of encryption is any issue.

As for why you're getting bumped off, I just don't know how to address that problem. Since it's not universal for all of us, it must have to do with the way your browser is interacting with the site...?

Well I would love to change my password since the security issue is just a few of us but for the life of me cannot find how any more. ~~sigh~~ A little help please. I found my profile but no way to change password that I saw. Maybe I'm blind.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Leslie, after you've logged in, click on the "Settings" option at the upper right-hand side of the page. That will give you access to all your setting preferences, including privacy and password reset.

And the site security situation is the same for all of us -- none of us have encryption. It's just that Firefox is "warning" you more aggressively than are some of the other browsers. I use Chrome, for instance, and all I get is a little symbol preceding the site address. If I click on the symbol, I get the same warning as you do, but it's not an annoying pop-up like you're getting. But once again, aside from passwords, there's really no reason to encrypt the site because it's all publicly viewable, anyway. This is not a change -- the site has never been encrypted. I don't know why Firefox is having a hissy fit now...

Thanks! Changed the pw.

I use firefox and haven't noticed any security warning. Weird eh.

I used chrome at work and didn't notice any issues and I haven't had a problem on anything being logged out automatically. Since I said remember me and I enter usually via an email link I haven't had any issues with signing in or out either.

That pesky redirect is gone since the upgrade, which is the one thing that was really bothering me.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Marianne your explanation was perfect.
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Another weird thing this morning....I click on "New Posts" and am shown posts from a week ago or earlier, like on the 5th of Nov, that I have already seen. ?????