Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New to this - Jake has passed

Default Re: New to this - Jake has passed

I still have all of Lena's meds. They have her name on them and the dates that she was still here. I can't throw them away. The blanket that I brought her to the ER that last night is a quilt that my mother made for me for my 45th birthday. It was Lena's favorite. I had her wrapped in it when she was admitted. I wanted her to have it overnight, thinking that I would be picking her up in the morning and bringing her home as I had done the night before. When I went in to kiss her goodnight and tell her how much I loved her and to please not leave me, the quilt wasn't there. I asked them about it and they said she had peed on it and it was in the laundry bin. I went outside and got in the car, thought about it, and then called them and told them to bring it out to me. It was probably 2am now. I brought it home in a plastic bag and hung it by the basement steps to wash in the morning. She died a few hours later. When I was finally able to function a couple of days later, I found the quilt. I didn't wash it for weeks. I couldn't. I could still smell her on it, even with the pee.

After a few weeks, it only smelled like pee, her scent had left, so I washed it, but I have it with all her things. None of the others are allowed to use it.

We all do what we have to do to feel closer to them...and it doesn't matter what it is.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Default Re: New to this

Regarding our K9C Candle Page that Marianne referred to.....

I kept a candle lit for a my little Buddy for over a year. It helped me to process my grief knowing that a candle remained lit. Often, when I didn't return soon enough, another member would light Buddy a candle, knowing that I would be back. They didn't want me to return and see that his candle had burned out. It was an incredibly kind thing to do for me and was much appreciated. I still periodically light candles on our K9C page in honor of all my fur babies who have passed on.

We are devastated when our precious fur babies move on. There are many things that can trigger bouts of uncontrollable grief. Be kind to yourself and know that you did your very best for Jake.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Default Re: New to this - Jake has passed

We will always be here for you, so please do come back and "talk" to us whenever you want. We surely do understand your pain and grieve right along with you. Sending tons of huge comforting hugs, Lori

Hello

Well it's been 3 and 1/2 weeks since Jake passed. We miss him more and more as the days go by. We were going to put some pictures in a frame we bought but looking at those pictures made us cry and cry. Don't think were ready to look at old pics yet. I still think about the "what ifs", the "could ofs" and the "should ofs".

We try to keep busy but sometimes all of a sudden it hits you that Jake is gone. We'll never get to hug him or kiss him or hold him. And I feel this strange panic sensation. We are heartbroken and I'm sure we always will be.

We feel blessed to have spent 9 years with this wonderful boy. He taught us many things. We will love and miss him forever and he will always be in our hearts.

Here's to healing.

Barb

(((((((((Giant Hugs)))))))))))

Huge hugs from me too.

Good morning

Please do not think I am off my rocker but does anyone know of a reliable pet medium or has been to one (in Ontario, Canada if possible)? We live in southwestern Ontario on Lake Huron.

Thank you in advance for any info. We appreciate it.

And thank you for the hugs.

Barb

PS... not sure we believe but worth a try

I skyped with one, Barb after Lena died. She was recommended by someone on this forum (can't remember who it was). Her name is Melissa Sehgal and her email address is melissasehgal@hotmail.com

She also will talk on the phone. She was very good and there were quite a few things that she couldn't possibly have known. I know I felt better after and some things came through that I didn't make connections to until much later.

And you are not off your rocker...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Our staffers Leslie and Glynda both recommended Melissa. If you click on this link and then continue to scroll down,you’ll see what Glynda has had to say about her positive personal experience with Melissa:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/show...700#post189700

I don’t think Leslie has used her personally, but is aware of others who have recommended her. Leslie may have another resource to add to the list, as well. However, it may be next week before she has a chance to check in again because she’s taking some well deserved time off this weekend.

Marianne

Yes I have had a conversation with Melissa and highly recommend her!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.