Thread: as Scott said, tomorrow is promised to no one....

Default as Scott said, tomorrow is promised to no one....

I find myself always coming back here, but this time it is to honor a friend who has lost a beloved dog she rescued a few months ago. A beautiful Boxer pup she named Sam. Sam was originally adopted by an older couple in TN. However, he had passed away from cancer and she had found it difficult to care for a pup so she contacted a rescue agency. This little fluffer was something else. We all felt so sorry for her. Her face was sent around our office. Anyone want to adopt her? My friend Diane took little time to convince Christine to adopt her. It didn't take long for the rest of the family to become "adopted" as well. It took a little while for Sam to get used to her new surroundings, but she did. She had a lake, a pool and lots of land to run free! Mom and dad even installed a $2,000 underground fence which she did well with too! However, Miss Sam had a nasty habit of running after the car and nipping at tires when people pulled out of the driveway. The only way they could get her to quit doing that is to give her a PIG EAR!

Well, this past weekend, someone other than my friend Diane, babysat Sam. She was told about the PIG EAR! However, when she pulled out of the drive to go to church on Sunday, she forgot to give Sam the pig ear to keep her on the front porch. She didn't see her nipping at the tires. Neither saw it coming....... God bless them both.

If Sam could get through the night w/o a seizure, she would be ok. We really thought she would be okay. But, last night she started to twitch in her left eye and we knew. They took her back to the vet to send her to Dog Heaven. She was only 1 1/2 years old. They are all devastated.

God Speed Sam. I was with you from the start and I'm here for you now. I sent your family the Dog Heaven book to tell them that you are OK. I lit a candle for you to send you on your way.

Love you,
    Heidi and the rest of the gang

Default Re: as Scott said, tomorrow is promised to no one....

That is such a sad story. Bless Sam's heart and the folks who adopted her. She is in good company at the Bridge.

Lyn
    Lyn and Lucy (aka Boston Retriever 1/97-1/09)

Hi Heidi,

Thank you for sharing Sam's story with us, tho it was a tale much too short.

I can only imagine Diane's anguish. In many of our lives there has been a time when an easy mistake has had drastic consequences, and the burden of that error can lead to unmerited guilt. I hope your friend will be gentle to herself.

Please share our condolences with Diane and her family, as well as all those who came to love Sam including yourself,
    Leslie, Squirt, Ruby, Goldie and Crystal
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Oh Heidi,

I am forever dazed by horrible accidents happening just like this - Sam had her entire life ahead of her and a new home with so much love. I am sure Diane is completely beside herself with grief, but as Leslie mentioned she must be very kind to herself.

Please give her a very big healing hug from all of us.
    Terry

Hi Heidi,
    It just isn't fair. Sometimes we have them for a long time and sometimes it is only a short stay but it hurts just as much when they are gone.
    Jenny

Heidi,

I am sure the pigs ears on the other side of the bridge are limitless.

And I am equally sure all of those crossed are without burden.

Blessings to Sam and all to whom she is important.

Scott

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I will be sure to pass them on. I know they will be as thankful as I.

As they say, God never gives us more than we can handle.

Thank you ALL for just being here! God's Angels!

Lots of hugs,
    Heidi & Robin
    Marco & Sophie
    ...Friskie, Lucky, Cheri and Snicky...
    and our Bitty Bichon who I tried to rescue....it just was too late....