Thread: Checking in for August 2017

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Default Checking in for August 2017

"Checking in" is a topic that we start on the first of each month. We suspect that we have a good number of members who read the messages regularly but who don't post very often. Maybe that's because their dogs are doing well, or they don't have a Cushing's dog anymore, or they haven't got any questions to ask, or maybe they don't feel very comfortable about posting answers to other members' questions. It's perfectly understandable and acceptable for folks to only post once in a while, but when we don't hear from people, many of us find ourselves wondering what those folks have been up to recently and how their dogs are doing.

It's always preferable to post updates about your Cushing's dog in your own thread/topic (especially if you want feedback/replies from other members) but you can also post a quick reply here if you just want to say hi and let everyone know how you are doing in general.

We'd love to hear from you!

Default Re: Checking in for August 2017

Hello! I just posted an update on Gracie, she is doing much better since being weaned off Prednisone. I appreciate that this website is available and I really thank everyone who takes their time to read and reply to posts - it means so much.
    Thanks,
    Isabelle

It will be 4 years in October since Bulger started the meds for Cushings. She is doing pretty well for a 14 year old and is aging much more gracefully than my 12 year crazy cavoodle. She is still going on two walks a day and enjoying life and I am so thankful for the meds and support I have had that have enabled her to be doing so well (hope I don't jinx myself though).

Gosh, Laura, that's a great report and thanks so much for letting us know!

We send continuing best wishes to you and all your family.

Marianne

Always good to hear from you, Laura! And especially good to hear the Bulger is doing so well! Keep up the good work and let us hear from you when you can.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thanks all Winter here and I am pretty sure her joints are doing much better than mine in this cold, wet and windy weather. Thank goodness God invented doggie raincoats!!