Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Considering a second dog...

Default Re: Considering a second dog...

Happy Gotcha Day, Kira!

Great to hear from you again, Shana!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I was just on Facebook and saw a post from the Tipper and Squirt Care for Cushing's Fund, Inc. which reminded me of all of you. So I thought I'd pop in and say hi.

HI! We're doing well in our corner of the world. Kira is still rambunctious as ever, but she and Jackson get along (most of the time) without issues. Anything that does crop up is resolved quickly. They are both healthy and happy.

Personally, I had emergency gallbladder surgery in September, during which there was an issue. Long story short, I had my final procedure last week and am now fully on the way to recovery. Restrictions are gone; yesterday I drove Jackson up to visit my parents and took Kira for her first walk... my first time out with either dog alone since in months. Both trips went great and bolstered my mood considerably.

I hope you and your pups are all doing well.
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Hi Shana!

Good to hear from you again! I'm glad you are recovering from your operation too and have been able to get out and see family. I am sure those babies have been a big help during your illness. I now have 3 babies - Bud, a big red male who is, I think, part Golden Retriever, part Carolina Dog and part Wet Noodle (because when you even look like you might be thinking of petting him he falls to the floor on his back limp as a wet noodle ); Sophie, a Pug; and Tilly, a Yorkie and Long Haired Chihuahua mix we think. They keep me busy and my heart full!

Drop in more often and let us know how things are going with you. I hope you and yours are staying safe during this pandemic!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Oh Shana, it’s great to see you back here!!! Thanks so much for checking in! How frustrating about your surgery, but thank goodness it sounds as though you’re finally back on the mend.

Things are pretty quiet around here these days. I had wondered whether the COVID pandemic might result in a few more web visitors, what with so many of us cooped up at home. But our little family has stayed pretty quiet throughout. I’m surely hoping that everybody is staying safe, and just busy with other things.

Everything is really status quo in my house. “Baby” Luna is now twelve, and remains a happy girl although her mobility has really gotten pretty compromised. We still manage our beloved morning walks, although they are much shorter and slower these days. Her nose still seems to work fine, though, and every walk remains a sniff-fest for her ;-).

Anyway, once again, so good to hear from you! Please do drop by again whenever the mood may strike, OK?

Marianne