Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Letter to Boncuk

Default Re: Letter to Boncuk

Sas -

I knew Cukie had been abused but never knew the 'full story'.
    But in the end - - for his landing in your lap!!! Sue

Well that was a tearful start to my day. Like Sue, I had no idea the extent of cruelty Boncuk was subjected to. I'd like to get my hands on every one of the amoral dirtbags that did these horrible things to him. It's very sad because in rescue, we say those words almost daily. All I can say is that if there is a reward for torture, you, my dear, were most certainly Boncuk's. God bless you for the extraordinary measures you took to save him.

When I read Boncuk's story, it just broke my heart to think of the devotion he felt for his former master and the horrible price he paid for that devotion. I don't know how you came to know of Cukie's situation, but I have to believe that truck driver had a hand in it because he knew you were the one for his baby.

I was also struck by the continuation of abuse by the daughter of the doorman - the cycle begun long ago more than likely.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Wow....how sad and yet how wonderful. I just don't undersand people who behave like that.
    How great of you to have learned of his dilemma and to fly him to you. You are a true angel, Sas. Thanks for sharing.
    Love,
    Susan

Next month it will be 8 years since I had to let Cukie go...8 years. And here I am today, 8 years later, and 4 dogs I had to let go in those 8 years. Cukie, who brought me here, Sogno, Yunah and recently Mhina. And some of you have been here, right at my side, with all 4 dogs, sharing all the joys and all the sadness...that's about as special as it can get.

Thanks!

Sas

Tons of loving hugs being sent your way, dear Sas.

That is way too much loss for one person to bear. I respect and admire you and your courage. All of these wonderful dogs and you have been so very lucky to find one another. It is so wonderful of you to share all of your various videos.
    "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
    -C. S. Lewis

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

Dearest Sas,

I cannot believe 8 years has passed! They really never leave us. Sending you my ((((hugs))))
    Terry

Sas, I first read your post yesterday and have been thinking ever since as to how I could write something that could do justice to all your sweet souls and to your own personal journey. I realize this morning that there just are no words that can ever try to say it all. So it will have to suffice to simply tell you that it has been our privilege to know and love you and your doggies -- each one so special and so dear.

Many blessings to you, Sas, and to your next dear companion who comes to join all our lives.

Love, Marianne

(And special love to Cukie who first brought you to us!)

Sometimes you wonder how you do keep going on, how in heavens name you can still love but then I realised that my heart doesn't get "smaller" but that it gets "bigger". You tend to think that each dog (or any other living being you love) takes up a bit of space in your heart and that especially after their passing, a piece of your heart "dies" too and thus leaving you with a bit less of your heart. Yet, I have found that the contrairy is true. With each living being I love, my heart grows, they make my heart bigger, my heart expands with each love and each passing... And so there always be a place for a new love

Saskia, Cukie, Sogno, Yunah, Mhina...who I thank for teaching me that my heart only grows instead of shrinks.