Thread: Lost my boy in December

Lightbulb Lost my boy in December

Jake was a beautiful Yorkie and I now know I was lucky to have him so long, he was nearly sixteen. He had his Cushings for eight years so I know how expensive the medication can be.
    Last edited by Harley PoMMom; 05-05-2017 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Offering Vetoryl

Default Re: Lost my boy in December

I'm so sorry for your loss...eight years with Cushing's, wow.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh my, I am so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you at this most difficult time.

I had to edit your post in regards in offering the Vetoryl because in the U.S. it is illegal for our members to offer to buy, sell, or exchange prescription medication. I hope you understand, and it was such a dear thing for you to think of others in this painful time.

We, also, would be so honored to add Jake's name to our "In Loving Memory" Forum. We cannot ease your pain over losing him, but we can join you in honoring Jake and celebrating all that he means to you. So if it would ever be a comfort to share more of his life's story with us, it would be our privilege to read anything you would care to write.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

With Heartfelt Sympathy, Lori

Thanks for your reply, I live in the U.K and I presume the law is probably the same. I can't believe that I might have to throw this expensive medicine away. What a waste.

Can you see if your local vet might be able to use it?
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I am so sorry for your loss. Eight years with Cushing's - what a great job you did of taking care of Jake!

As Joan said, perhaps your local vet can take the medication and pass it on to another patient. I've done that with my boy's medicines, as well as supplies my parents had for one of their pups. My vet's office was grateful to have that donation for others who might need a helping hand.

Once again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Shana
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Thanks but I have tried the vet but they won't take them because I didn't buy them from them. I use to buy a prescription from the vet and then buy the meds from an online drug company.
    I will keep looking.
    Many thanks for you lovely replies.
    Good luck to you all.

I, too, am so terribly sorry about the loss of your sweet boy. I just want to alert you that I've sent you a Private Message re: the possibility of adding Jake to our special memorial thread for 2016:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7676

So please do be sure to check your message inbox.

Always in loving memory of your beloved Jake,
    Marianne