Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Default Re: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Oh what wonderful news!

Have more bottles of rum and champagne, and have FUN!!
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

So glad to hear the wonderful news about your sister.... you can now really enjoy your girls holiday. Sounds like your dog sitting was a dream, I often wonder if I could handle a puppy now. My daughter got a new chocolate lab puppy a few weeks ago, she's finding it challenging, however she works full time, two teenage boys and 2 cats, including my Simba who doesn't care about the dog one way or the other. Probably because he spent so much time waiting to be adopted.
    Have a wonderful, wonderful time.... stay safe.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

That is such wonderful news about your sister!!!!! You go have yourself a fantastic time!!!!!

So pleased to read the news about your sister. Definitely calls for a celebration!! Enjoy your trip (although have to say I'd prefer Budapest as I'd love to go there, and also Prague - hopefully one day).

OH is off to London for a family visit so Henry and I are "borrowing" his Mustang for a few day trips

Oh fun, trips in the mustang! How is Henry doing with the summer cars and his anxiety? Is that totally gone now?

I would have loved Budapest too and hubby said it was wonderful, he just loved it. Another friend of mine just got back from 3 weeks in Prague and he loved it there too.

Jamaica was lovely though and Round Hill was just fabulous. It was like living like a princess. In fact, Prince Harry was just at Round Hill in March. His friend got married at the little town down the street and the reception was at Round Hill, so he stayed there while he was in Jamaica.
    We also lounged over by Ralph Laurens villa that is on the beach (he has 2 villas!) (I'd be happy with 1/2 of one hahahaha), and got spa treatments.
    Definitely different for me anyway and fun to experience.

Oh the stories I could tell now. hahahahaha

Now I'm moving on to my next event, which is we have decided to have a End of Summer Pool Party. I have catering lined up and a band. Sending out invites soon. Might see if my friends husband who owns a brewery wants to contribute beer to the event and another friends friend owns a vineyard, so possible wine. I'm in organize mode.

I'm sure I'll have more adventures to line up in the future too.

So how is everyone else doing?!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Holy moly, This party is turning into some humdinger. We have people driving down from Ottawa for it, some celeb types even, and just a slew of people that are saying yes they will attend.

And Kids! I told Daniel we have to tell people this year to bring their kids and people are loving it, and now we have a whole slew of kids from toddler through teenager coming. I just got two pool blow up logs, with jousting logs for an overturn game, pool basketball, all kinds of stuff. It's going to be a blast. Fixing up the spare rooms for those who don't have a place to stay and can't afford hotels. I might be in heaven, planning this. hahahaha can you tell.

My personality dictates that I love to have people enjoy themselves and laugh. So that is what I'm trying to make happen.

You know, if anyone is in the Toronto area.... there is a party on 16 September at my house. Just saying.

Anyway, when I'm not working I'm answering invites and questions, and getting the house ready, we are building a huge play, and movie area for the kids when they get tired of pool time and food, still working on catering menu and band playlist, etc. Which happens faster than one would think. I've taken off a couple days after labor day to get it together

I'm soooo excited!!!!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

How about big kids like me?? Sounds like a blast!
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

It sure does!!!! We all need a "Sharlene" in our life to cheer us up and spur us on...your family and friends are so lucky to have you in their lives. Truly!

I love reading about your party even if I can't really attend. You go, Girl!!

I wish you could all be here with us. I'm sure it would be a blast and a half. Big kids have the most fun!

Tomorrow night is a dessert party. That sounds like fun right! After our respective dinners, we all head to one persons house for various desserts, wines, coffees, cheese and fruit usually. Everyone contributes and it's a blast.

I'm excited, it's TIFF time in Toronto. Always a fun time of the year in the city.

We are into our cat sitting adventure. Bella is not quite sure that she likes being here, actually I'm fairly sure she isn't impressed at all. It's hard to impress a cat. She only comes out in the evening and early morning, yowls like a banshee sometimes at night, and hides behind the tv armour in the bedroom during the day. I'm hoping she'll come around and join us more often.

Just a thought... have you warned your neighbours about the party or are they coming too?- LOL
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh