Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Default Re: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Mc I'm just getting over the flu, too! It's a booger for sure! I hope you stay well and that your family doesn't get it.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I hope you're fully recovered soon Leslie. This year's flu does seem to be a particularly nasty one.

Flus, head colds, bronchitis, pneaumonia, this season just seems to be running through them all with ppl I know. I hope all of you are on the road to recovery and that is it for the rest of this year. We're going with positive reinforcement here.

Thanks Mc I worry for my sister but she seems to be handling things pretty well.

We're heading to ottawa this weekend for the winter party (cirque du soleil theme marianne) I have to go figure out what to wear from whatever is in my closet as no time to shop now.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Well I have to say that I'm pleased to see the end of January. It wasn't the best start to the year, so I'm currently taking the "things can only get better approach". Or I will be once I get rid of this flu thing

Keep an eye on your sister. I was always told that it was the third / fourth months after a death when reality really strikes, as immediately afterwards you have so many things to do, and it's around that time that people's help starts to dwindle.

You've just reminded me that we went to see the Cirque du Soleil ice show (Crystal) over Christmas and really enjoyed it. It was our first Cirque show so we had no idea what to expect, but after seeing it I'm not sure I'd want to see another one, although I would like to see that one again because there was so much going on that I'm sure we missed a lot of it.

I hope you all recover from the flu! A coworker of mine passed away last month; she was sent home from work with the flu on Tuesday and Thursday we got the news she had died in her sleep.

Take care of yourselves!
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

I am much better and thanks to you all for the well wishes! I finished the antibiotics (for a secondary infection in my lungs not the flu) day before yesterday and so far so good. When I have to go out I am wearing a mask and surgical gloves....and I'm not the only one in my town dressing so! When I bring groceries home I take a Lysol wipe and wipe everything down before putting it away. I use hand sanitizer by the gallons, too! LOL I'm doing all I can to prevent a recurrence which seems to happen to a lot of folk this season.

Shana, I am so sorry about your co-worker! So many have lost the battle with these strains going around. In my home state, ARK, around 70 people have died and several children among that number.

I have to share my morning....I let the dogs out as usual and gave them time to do their business. My little Fox has dementia now and is mostly deaf and blind but she knows her way around her home really well in spite of that...tho she does get stuck behind things as typical with dementia. When she is finished doing her thang, she will come to the door and scream to come in. She never barked, she literally screams! It took me a few minutes to get to the door and let them in. Bud and Soph came romping in but no Fox. I looked thru the house in all Fox's hiding places in case she snuck by me but I didn't find her anywhere So I gave bites to the other two, put on my robe and went out in the yard to look for Fox, expecting to find her "trapped" somewhere. But no sign of her anywhere. So I dressed and went out looking more carefully and longer, in the fenced back yard and the front just in case she got out, which would be almost impossible but... - no sign. I walked the field looking for her thinking maybe a hawk picked her up tho it would take a big hawk to carry her AND there is a very small space where a bird would have access to my yard due to tree limb coverage. Not to mention Bud would have gone ballistic had a bird come down in the yard while he was out and he hadn't done that. But the thought was still there and I looked and looked for some sign of her. After about an hour I came back in and prepared to get in the car and go looking, thinking if a bird did get her it would have dropped her somewhere nearby. When I came out of my bedroom there she stood in the hall! I have no idea where she had been because I tore this house up looking for her but obviously missed her hidey-hole! SO I have been thoroughly awakened early and my heart has had a good workout already between panic and grief thinking of a bird having her. Little turd!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Quote Originally Posted by molly muffin View Post
    We're heading to ottawa this weekend for the winter party (cirque du soleil theme marianne) I have to go figure out what to wear from whatever is in my closet as no time to shop now.
    Oooooooh, I’m dying to know what you and Daniel will end up wearing!!!! We went to the first few Cirque shows years ago and they were truly amazing. I’m sure they still are, but I got anxious about the “attack” clowns that started moving through the crowd and stealing things like glasses or hats or pushing people forward to be part of the show. I know that’s dumb and they probably don’t do that anymore anyway but it freaked me out! Anyway, hoping you’re having a great time and I can hardly wait to hear how you dressed up...:-)))))))

Marianne

Okay those kind of clowns would freak me out too!!! No thanks!
    Went with black and bright sparkly cape over black dress and sparkle shoes. I was flashy for sure. Daniel did flashy in a black suit.
    There was acrobatics, magicians, palm reader, different things. It was a lot of fun. There was a dress up photo booth too.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Sounds like a blast, Sharlene!

So Daniel told me last night that we are going to a Disco Gala and I need a 70's disco outfit. I think that means sparkles and crazy colors?

I've been absent a bit from the forum, as I'm lead on a project that has me literally working night and day and operating on minimal sleep sometimes. Like 7 hours sleep in 72 hours earlier this week. Yowser. At one point at the office I said, that's it, I've fallen asleep in my cheerios and now my coffee mug. I have to go home and get some sleep before I work tonight. hahahahah Zombie sharlene is Not a pretty sight let me tell you.
    This should be over around April, fingers crossed that it all goes okay and no more delays. Course I only found out about it about mid/end January so it's been a rush. I'm just basically venting at this point.
    Heading upstairs to a bath, then cook dinner, then run some more work.

love you all!