Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Default Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Hi everyone. I've been thinking of starting this thread for awhile, since I lost Molly in fact, which was 5 months ago yesterday. So this is a place to share those things that are going on in our lives, good, bad, ugly and happy that doesn't always have anything to do with our dogs, but we do want to share with our k9 family.

As most of you know I've been a sporadic since September on the forum. That is because right after losing our muffin, our daughter, her husband and baby moved in with us while they renovated a new home for themselves. Then my MIL moved her to our city from out west.
    With work and all that going on, finding time to be online has been almost nonexistent. The good news is the kids have just moved into their house, so whoo hoo, but not my MIL wants to move in here with us until she can find an apartment. Needless to say I am searching high and low for an apartment for her. She has a lot of wants for a place though, primarily that it be within walking distance of our house. So, tough job but on thursday hopefully we'll go see a place that i'm crossing fingers will work for her and then she'd only need to move in with us until May 1. After having the kids here for 4 months, I'd really like a start and end date to family being here.

Our other daughter and grandson will be here in march for spring break, so it's rather nonstop.

In the midst of all of this we have decided to do an escape to the Caribbean for a week to chill out and relax. Much needed I guarantee.

I'm also in the middle of putting last touches on the Toronto winter office party and that goes off on the evening of the 24th. Cross fingers as a lot of stuff had to be pulled together at the last minute and I'm still a bundle of nerves over it all.

So there you have it, my crazy, crazy life.

I hope others will jump on this thread and join in the party. whine, celebrate, whatever suits your needs of the moment.

Welcome all.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Default Re: Everything Else and then some more - life in general thread

Awwww, thanks Sharlene, what a wonderful idea!

I just uploaded 2 pics of Marvin, one before brush time and the other during, there is a big difference in his attitude which shows in his face!

Some background about my sweet boy: my Marvin is a rescue that came into a shelter from a breeder, the breeder kept the poor boy outside the entire time and without the love from a human He has been living with me for almost a year now. The rescue had to shave all his fur off as it was matted so bad that his skin underneath had sores. Marvin is now sporting such a handsome coat. He's approximately 10 - 11 years old and is pretty smart, it didn't take him long to learn to be house broken. He is such a good boy!

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1159

Oh my gosh. He looks great now. What a change during brush time. Loves it. I bet he realizes he hit the lottery of good homes when he met you. Prince Marvin. Lol. Love it!!!!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Wow. I looked at the pictures then read his history. What a gorgeous chap, and yes, lovely coat.

Oh Sharlene, I read that and it made me tired so have to say I have massive respect for you. I'm quite an introvert and have traumatic memories of a 5 week visit from the in-laws a number of years ago. Not sure I could cope with a repeat!!

What a fantastic idea! I've found myself over the past few months wanting to share things, but not quite certain of where to do so. Or if I "should". I have friends and coworkers to talk about some things but they're not always available.

Sharlene, you have certainly had a busy life lately! Busy-ness can be good sometimes, but too much is stressful. When is your vacation? I hope you will share pictures.

The most pertinent topic for me right now is that my (step)dad had what my mom described as a mini seizure on Friday night. They suspect he locked his knees and fainted... one moment standing and then the next on his butt on the floor. The worrisome part of it is that mom said his eyes were looking in opposite directions immediately afterward, and then he had the seizure. It was very short lived, over as soon as it began. And dad's "fine" and was quite vehemently against going to see the doctor as he had just been on Thursday. He has been "fine" since but it still worries me.
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Good idea Sharlene.... so..... just wanted you to know that I haven't started grief counselling yet, but start on the 22nd of this month. As if I'm not already an emotional wreck, biopsy came back confirmed as squamous cell carcinoma and I have a 2nd biopsy scheduled for tomorrow, different area, same leg. I have to say the last almost 3 years has been nothing but a b&%+* and the older you get the harder it is to cope with this stuff. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.. but that isn't true. To top it all off, just moved into this apartment and going to have to move out. People upstairs babysit their grandchildren (I think great grandchildren) 4 of them. Sometimes they are there a day, other times 3-4 days straight and are totally out of control. Everybody has complained about them, but the landlord said I could move at anytime.... so they must be related to someone. If you are in Ontario, do NOT ever rent from Drewlo.... they are the most ridiculous landlord ever, and won't even allow visiting dogs. As if this place was the Taj Mahal, and it's totally against the law here to even put a no pet policy in place. Ok, so that is my b+*#^% and ranting for one day.
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh

aww Judi, that's the same cancer I have just in a different area. I pray all goes as well for you as it has for me so far!

Shana, I hope your dad continues to do well but certainly understand your concern. Men can be so frustrating when it comes to their health sometimes!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Wow Shana, I'd be a bit freaked if that came out of nowhere and happened to my dad too. No idea what caused it? Just a seizure? Is he willing to have any testing done to try to figure out an underlying cause?

Judi, super big hugs! I can't believe you have to move again!!!!! and on top of everything else now cancer too. Girl you are sooooo due for a break from all this nonsense. Just awful. What about some place in Oakville or somewhere?
    In my neighborhood my MIL is currently trying to rent a one bedroom apartment and the rate was 1335. since they are renovating it. I found another for around 1110. on 11th floor right near Sheridan nursery, called the woman and she said it looks out over the sheridan nursery and ravine and park. Its available 1 april I think and animals are allowed definitely. This is in Mississauga by Etobicoke creek and also near my house. Walking distance. Maybe something to think about??????

Thanks Sharlene, they sound wonderful, but I only have the one income now, so if you add hydro (cough) internet, cable, phone, car payment and insurance... I can't eat LOL. Looking to buy on the east coast somewhere. Even though you have more money then most in your bank account they won't lend you a dime for a mortgage as it's all based on monthly income. They'd sooner you be destitute in 4 years paying exorbitant rent then paying almost 1/3 what rent would be, paying a mortgage. You have to fit into their little slots or you don't qualify. I can pay cash for a house down east and have plenty left over to fix it up, and then the monthly income... will certainly pay for lots of extras. I think they need to revamp big time the seniors and what they face in Ontario. It is a 5 - 10 yr wait for subsidized housing... and from what I've seen, the boxes they want to put seniors in well...... disgusting. I bought a house in Exeter, was to close Sept 30th last year.... I pulled the plug on the 29th due to my lawyer having conflict of interest and being out and out lied to about the property. That will be a long drawn out law suit, but until then, I'm out the inspection fee, lawyers fees and down payment. I will have to initiate the lawsuit. I should write a friggin book, but I'd have to file it under fiction. Nobody would believe my life is actually a true story - LOL
    Last edited by molly muffin; 02-16-2017 at 12:09 AM. Reason: edited by admin
    Judi & "mah boy" Keesh