Thread: NC State Univ. Clinical Trial re SARDS (Enrollment ends 10/31/17)

Default NC State Univ. Clinical Trial re SARDS (Enrollment ends 10/31/17)

https://cvm.ncsu.edu/new-research-st...sease-in-dogs/

North Carolina State University's College of Veterinary Medicine is currently recruiting dogs with diagnosed SARDS or Progressive Retinal Atrophy or untreated Pituitary-Dependent Hyperadrenocorticism (Cushing's). The purpose of this study is to better understand the causes of SARDS by comparing dogs with SARDS to the other two conditions. It is the hope that, by better understanding the underlying mechanisms of SARDS, they can more rapidly identify dogs with SARDS and develop appropriate and specific treatments that can help future SARDS patients.

If your dog has been diagnosed with SARDS or Progressive Reginal Atrophy or untreated PDH and you live anywhere near North Carolina State University, consider participating in this clinical trial.
    Judy H. (Always "Maggie's Mom" & now "Abbie's Mom")
    Riverview, FL

Default Re: NC State Univ. Clinical Trial re SARDS (Enrollment ends 10/31/17)

NCSU Vet Hospital did not mention a trial to me. I'll ask on Monday. We just started Cushing's treatment 7/18/17. They did mention an Addison trial, which they tested my other dachshund for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    NCSU Vet Hospital did not mention a trial to me. I'll ask on Monday. We just started Cushing's treatment 7/18/17. They did mention an Addison trial, which they tested my other dachshund for.
    Hi, My dog Yogi is going in for his first appointment to NCSU Vet Hospital this week for their assessment. It sounds like we could be on similar journeys with this. Do you mind, what vet is managing your case?

Quote Originally Posted by AngieB View Post
    Hi, My dog Yogi is going in for his first appointment to NCSU Vet Hospital this week for their assessment. It sounds like we could be on similar journeys with this. Do you mind, what vet is managing your case?
    Hi Angie,
    I apologize. I just saw your message, as I did not have notifications turned on.
    We are seeing Dr LaQuaglia at NCSU Vet Hospital and very pleased working with her. Our next appt. is March 7. Thereafter, we will probably go every 6 months.