Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: My big boy Gable - sweet Gabe is now at peace

Default Re: My big boy Gable

Okay, thanks Marianne...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Okay, I'm home and he seems fine. He spent most of the day outside my husband said. He had pouched eggs and toast for breakfast, and a milk bone later on. He's still drinking, but he ate dinner and is resting comfortably near me on the ottoman.

i think we're good...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

The fact that he is eating and drinking are good signs! And Joan, you are doing a wonderful job with Gable, you knew something was off with him and got the ACTH stim test done, YOU are are GREAT Mom!!! Don't ever doubt that...this darn Cushing's journey is full of ups and downs, and we are here to ride that dang roller coaster ride with you

Thanks Lori! I wish they could tell us when they're not feeling right.

How are you, Doree, and Gable doing?

So far, so good, Lori. We're all freezing, but Gable loves it! He's acting fine, I think the drinking has slowed down a little. Funny thing, his fur has changed and looks amazing. His tail has fluffed up, too. I don't get it.

Doree is good, too, all better.

I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing well!! And yes, it is cold here too...brrrrr!!!!! I'm ready for spring!

I wouldn't mind the cold so much if we has some snow to go with it!

Took Gable for an ACTH test today. What am I looking for? What numbers should I hope for? He's been off the Vetoryl since last Monday morning. Drinking and peeing like crazy, but not lethargic, still eating, still playing with Cooper.

I would want his post number to be at least >9.1 ug/dl if the Vetoryl is going to be restarted and since he dropped so low I do believe I'd have his electrolytes checked too just to be certain that they are balanced.

Hoping for much improved numbers!