Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3543444546 LastLast

Thread: My big boy Gable - sweet Gabe is now at peace

Default Re: My big boy Gable

It is, Leslie...so many memories.

How's Luna doing, Marianne? I think about her every day...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh Joan, that's so sweet of you! Thankfully she's eating pretty much normally again right now. The vet is letting me keep her on the appetite stimulant indefinitely, and whether or not it's actually helping I don't know, but I'm also not gonna stop it to find out! She was picky again on Christmas Day, and I thought, on no here we go again. But she was hungry again by the 26th. Also, the fleas seem to be gone for good, and in retrospect, they could really have been sapping her strength and making her feel really crappy back earlier in the fall. So the main issue remains her mobility. She's wobblier and wobblier, but still hanging in there. I was so grateful and relieved that we did make it through Christmas. I know you would have given anything to have been able to spend one more Christmas with Gabe, and I'm so very sorry that it was not to be. I still think of him every day, too. It truly gives me some comfort to think of him being right there to greet Luna when the moment comes. And then for them to romp together on healthy legs once again and forever! But that doesn't change the loss for us here. Things just can't ever be the same for us again after they leave us, and that is such a sorrow.

Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

I miss you, Gable...my big, beautiful boy. Pictures of you and Lee came up this morning on a Facebook memory. One of her last snowstorms with all of you. And there you were with that happy "it snowed" look on your face; running around with Cooper while she watched; eating the snowballs I threw at you and covered with the snow that I shoveled all over you. She was so frail and you were so big and healthy and I wish you were both still here.

Mommy loves you all, now and forever...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

You've been gone nine months yesterday, Gabe...and I still miss you so much. I talk to you and Lena every day. I look for you both in old photos, just to see you again. It's tomato season and every time I make something with them I can still see you eating them, you and Cooper, and now Sibbie likes them too. I keep thinking I should put away the flag I made of you that's supposed to be for next Winter, but I like where it is, hanging on the fire screen where i just have to glance up and you are looking at me. I still don't understand what happened, and I never will.

You were my best boy, and I love you with all my heart. Give Lee a big kiss for me, and all the others who are with you.

Mommy loves and misses all of you forever and ever....

Sending hugs to you, my dear friend, flying across the miles.

Always in loving memory. Always.

Always, Marianne...

Wednesday was your one year anniversary in Heaven, Gabe...and I've missed you every day. I love you, my big boy. Give Lee and all the others a kiss for me. I miss you all...

Love, Mommy

We miss him, too, Joan. Luna and I miss her big brother from across the miles, too.

Sending you much love and many (((((((hugs))))))))

Hugs to you and Luna, too!

Good morning, Joan. Something — or somebody — gave me the urge to stop by Gable’s thread this morning. I’m thinking the somebody must be Luna, and that she wants me to know that she and Gable are playing together today. She and Gable want us both to know. At least, that’s what I’m thinking and it makes me smile if even just for a moment. So I’m here to hopefully pass that smile on to you, from our two big dogs who are now fast friends forever.

Love, Marianne