Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: My big boy Gable - sweet Gabe is now at peace

Default Re: My big boy Gable

Josh and I went to Jeremy's for an after Thanksgiving Thanksgiving since he couldn't bring Charlie here because Sibbie hates him. I was fine until I was sitting on the floor with Charlie and put my arms around him, then the tears came. I used to hold you like that, especially when you got out and I had to sit and hold you until someone came to help me get you home. I just held on and cried. He's such a good boy and just stayed still and let me...maybe he could feel your presence and knew I needed it.

I love you, Gabe...

Mommy
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Dear Joan,

Having been offline for a bit I missed this completely. My heart is shattered reading your posts. You did everything you could so please don't beat yourself up. Sweet Gabe had a great life with you as his mom and caretaker all these years. And I know he left this life of the wings of the love you shared. Today his pain is gone and he is running and playing with Lena and Phoenix as well as his new friends from here. Please be good to yourself now especially....Gabe would want that as do we.

My deepest sympathies,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you, Leslie...I miss him so much. And I know that I'll never really know what happened no matter how many times I go over those two days in my head. Even food shopping is painful! I walked into the produce section yesterday and saw the little mandarin oranges that he loved and I started to cry. I couldn't even buy them for myself...

I know it will get easier. I talked to one of my closest ex-coworkers today and she said that this last year and a half must've made him very happy having me home with him and that if I had still been working like I was when Lena died, that I would have been just as guilt-ridden as I was then....she knows me so well (lol).

Your words are always so comforting, Leslie. I don't know how I ever could have handled this without all of you.

Love,
    Joan
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh I understand that grocery store business for sure. The last batches of food I cooked for Squirt and for Trinket are still in my freezer...I simply can't throw them out. For a long time after Squirt passed buying fresh sweet potatoes resulted in a breakdown in the produce section of Kroger. I didn't care. Just being out of the house was a major accomplishment at that point. I'm still apt to start crying this time of year in the meat section when all the turkeys come out and in the toy section of WalMart when the Holiday Barbies come out. It's ok. That just shows how deep the love is, how real it is, how very important it is to who and what we have become and will become as we learn daily how to grow with it.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Yes, I've still got watermelon and butternut squash balls in my freezer that he loved. Cooper likes them, too, but I just can't bring myself to share them, yet...even though Gable never minded sharing. I was going through my texts yesterday looking for something Jeremy had sent me that he wanted for Xmas and there was my text to him telling him that Gable had just died...jeez did that start me crying.

Hugs right back at you, Leslie!

Marianne, could you put the picture of Gable under the boxwood looking straight at me in the memorial thread, please? I just realized we forgot to do that. It's in his album...

Of course! It’s all taken care of, and what a perfect, sweet picture it is! Thank you so much for sharing it with us, my friend.

Huge hugs coming your way,
    Marianne

Two months today, Gabe...Christmas was so different. You were not underfoot in the kitchen; did not get to open any presents; didn't get to see Charlie here having his first Christmas breakfast with us; and missed your favorite prime rib dinner. I thought about you and Lee watching from Heaven and hoped you were both happier than I was. I love you and miss you both. The ornament I got for you is a picture of you when you were young, muscular and healthy, and Lena, yours is the one of you and Doree sitting in front of the fireplace together watching the flames...I have always loved that one.

Mommy loves you always and forever....

Giant hugs, Joan! On this winter morning, thinking of you and your angels, knowing how dearly you miss them.

Their K9C family misses them, too. Forever in our memories ~ Forever in our hearts.

Love, Marianne

I heard Brick coming down the hall at his normal breakneck speed and looked up so happy to see him...then remembered. It's so hard when we love them so very much.
    ((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))