Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: My big boy Gable - sweet Gabe is now at peace

Default Re: My big boy Gable

So far, so good. He's still panting like crazy, but nothing unusual. It was pretty hot yesterday, and the forecast is the same for today. I've got the air on and put down his cooling mat, which he's on right now.

I did read the insert and it does say to give with food, doesn't say full meal though.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Right here with ya, Joan! Remember to breathe!!!

Hugs, Lori

Oh my goodness. Miss some time on the forum and all kinds of things are happening!
    Well, okay, you got the diagnosis, you have a plan for today and tomorrow and going forward. You know oh so much more about cushings than you did with Lena.

Girl, you GOT this! Gabes in the best ever care with a knowledgeable mummy and daddy and you guys are going to be just fine. You got your support group lined up (every one raise your hand) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5..... yep, all here and accounted for! Meds on hand, testing protocols established... good to go!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Joan , I was so sorry to hear the news about your sweet big boy Gable . You can do this Joan. You have so much more knowledge now. And a awesome support group. Gable is in excellent hands.

I feel a little more confident this time around, Dawn. I'm still afraid, but know what I'm dealing with. It's weird, but I feel a little guilty, like I'm betraying Lena somehow because I know more. If only I knew more then, for her. I wonder if it would have changed the outcome...I just hope that things go better this time.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

We'll see, Sharlene. I'm not as panic stricken as I was with Lee. I'm not putting all my trust in my vet. I know more and I won't be made to feel like my voice doesn't matter...

He's laying on the floor, right next to me now and seems more comfortable. Maybe I'm just imagining it. I don't know...the watch is on!

He's laying on the floor, right next to me now and seems more comfortable.
    That sounds very good ;-)! Here’s hoping it continues!

Fingers crossed! I'm watching, listening, on high alert!

Gable is going for his first ACTH test this morning after being on the Vetoryl for 15 days. I am anxious to see what the results are. I hope I'm not imaging things, but I do see some improvement in his drinking. I am definitely not filling the water bowls up as much. He seems more comfortable, too. I was starting to get nervous because he hasn't been eating as much in the morning. He used to eat almost two bowls of kibble, but slowed down to one, and I was afraid the pills wouldn't be as effective, but since I see some improvement in the amount of water he's drinking, I figure it's fine. And this morning he did eat almost two bowls. I don't give him the pills until he's eaten and I give them with cheese, which he loves.

So, we shall see...

Oh Joan, everything sounds good so far! We’ll be anxiously awaiting those results, too, but for right now it sounds good.