Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: My big boy Gable - sweet Gabe is now at peace

Default Re: My big boy Gable

Thank you, Marianne!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Gosh Joan, I am so sorry to hear that Gable had some issues and am relieved to read that the extra 5 mg dose is discontinued. Unfortunately, even with treatment, PU/PD doesn't resolve in some cushdogs and just maybe this is the case with Gable.

Like I mentioned before, the only thing I can think of trying is getting the Trilostane compounded into 1 mg capsules and than adding only 1 mg at a time.

Sending huge loving hugs, Lori

I may have to do that yet, Lori...but for now I just can't afford all that testing. He seems okay. He's eating, no more poop or vomiting in the house. He loves his cooling jacket and I think he will be okay while we are away. Jeremy is very capable of handling a crisis should one arise. I've gone over and over all the signs to watch for and I will write it all out for him. He'll have my CareCredit card for an ER visit if needed and the vet can wait until we get back if he has to take one of them there. I got a pill case that has AM and PM sections and have already loaded it up for him, so there should be no problem there, not that there would've been anyway. Jeremy is HIV+ and is used to a pill regimen. Doree just need liquid antibiotic for her cold, that might be hard since she only lets Victor give her anything, but I told him to just mix it up in her food if she won't take it from him.

Sibbie is the one I'm most worried about. I've never been gone overnight since we got her and she is not happy when I am gone. When we go out, she freaks out even if I have someone hold her while I go to the bathroom. She just lays by the front door waiting for me. I'm not sure how she will react to me being gone for 5 days. Jeremy says he will not be responsible if she goes into a deep depression! .

I'm going to buy her some new toys and he can give her one a day when he thinks she can use a distraction and maybe she'll be so tired she will sleep all night. I am taking off the day after we get back to make it up to her, hopefully she will forgive me!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

The new toy idea is a great one, I bet she'll love that! Tell Jeremy he can always log on here and we'll help in any way we can! I hope this is a vacation full of fun for you as you really deserve it!

Thank you, Lori!

Well, let's just say that this was the vacation that barely happened!

I started getting texts from Jeremy about how much Gable was drinking; then about how Sibbie was sitting at the front door waiting and not coming to bed; then how they were all going out every couple of hours all night long; then how Jeremy couldn't get comfortable because of his back; and how he had only gotten one hour of sleep in two days.

I had him stop the Vetoryl on Friday night (we had left Thursday). Told him to take him to the vet Saturday if there was any vomiting or diarrhea (which there wasn't), then we decided Saturday morning that it just wasn't worth all this anxiety and stress and spent the morning trying to figure out how to leave early. We couldn't change our plane tickets for anything under $700 each (the original ones were $200 each), so we decided to keep the rental and drive home on Sunday morning. Left at 5:45am and were home by 2:30pm.

They were all fine...
    Last edited by Joan2517; 01-11-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Aww Joan, I’m so sorry!!!! I don’t have any two-legged kids myself, but it sounds like sometimes the four-legged kids have more sense than the human ones.... :-(((((

Aww, Joan, I am so sorry too Please do vent here all you want, we sure do understand...sending loving and comforting hugs

Thanks, girls! I'm almost over it I was just looking forward to sleeping all night for the first time in years!

uhhmmmm I think I would remember this when it came his time to have some fun. But I am old b____. I am truly sorry this happened - it wasn't fair at all.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.