Thread: Missing My Girl

Unhappy Missing My Girl

I am so heartbroken, my girl Secret (Corgi/Jack Russell mix) crossed the Rainbow Bridge last Wednesday, October 12th at 3:15 pm. My house is so empty without her. She was diagnosed with Cushings a little over a year ago, she was taking 10mg Vetoryl once a day and was doing well with that dose. In June she ended up with facial paralysis on the left side and went blind in that eye. After moving some furniture around to make it easier for her to navigate, she adapted quite well. September 8th she was sick and I thought she had another bout of pancreatitis, the vet did an ultrasound and found she had a large splenic mass and I was devastated. She was not a good candidate for surgery and the vet told me it would be a very tedious surgery for her, so we decided to let her live out her life and enjoy everyday with her. She had a splenic bleed start and I knew it was time to let her go, hardest decision I have ever made. She was my little love and I miss her so much. 😥💔

Default Re: Missing My Girl

Welcome to you from all our family. I am so deeply sorry for your loss, but grateful that you've found us and are allowing us to join you in honoring your precious baby. Secret has now been added to our special memorial thread, and I will soon be contacting you to see if it would please you to also add a photo link:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7676

But in the meantime, we want you to know that we will continue to welcome you at any time should you care to tell us more about Secret and your lives together. We know the days ahead can be so rough, but this will always be a safe place where you can come and talk about how you are doing, OK?

Again, I am so sorry about your little girl, but I am very glad you've found us. Sending huge hugs to you, in loving memory of your baby Secret.

Marianne

I'm so sorry about your little girl. It is so very hard to let them go, even when we know it is the right thing to do. I lost my Lena 10 months ago yesterday and still miss her every second of every day.

Without this forum I would be lost. The people here understand the immense grief of losing our fur babies and no one here thinks there is an end time to mourning them. We have all been there and know what you are feeling.

Come here to talk about Secret and share your stories about her and your feelings. There is nothing you feel or say that we all haven't felt or said.

We know your heart is shattered and we can't say anything to fix it, but we do suffer with you.

Joan
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Thank you so much for the kind words. It has been three weeks and I miss Secret everyday, I am taking things one day at a time.

Lynn

Welcome back to us, Lynn! I'm guessing that in some ways, three weeks may feel like a lifetime to you and in other ways just the blink of an eye. But the ache in your heart probably remains the same, regardless.

Please know that we will always be eager to read any stories that you may wish to share about your life with Secret. Or just to read how you're doing. One day at a time is all that anyone can ask of you right now, or that you can ask of yourself. Sometimes even just one hour at a time may be a big victory.

So please do be gentle with yourself, and we will always watch for your return!

Continuing to send healing hugs,
    Marianne

Lynn, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet little girl Secret. Such a pretty name. She was and still is your little girl. It is only normal to miss her so much. Your heart is broken. I lost my baby almost a year ago. I still miss her. It is so hard. You are right. You just have to take things one day at a time. Hugs

Lynn,

I am truly sorry for the loss of your girl. I hope to see a picture of her soon. My 16 year old old corgi/pit mix, Tank, passed just two weeks before secret. He had an enlarging pituitary macroadenoma. I had been prepared and had adjusted to pretty much everything up until the moment he took his last breath. Wherever my boy is right now, he didn't just take a piece of my heart with him, I think he has the whole thing. I only hear it beating when I think of him.

This is a wonderful group and you will find a lot of support here. rip Secret xoxo

~Kat
    Last edited by tank&kat; 11-07-2016 at 08:01 AM.

I am very sorry and send my sincerest condolences on the loss of your precious Secret.

It is truly a heart breaking time for you and please know that we are here any time at all. We'd love to hear more about Secret. I bet there is a story go along with that name!
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)