Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I've fallen in love.....

Default Re: I've fallen in love.....

hahahha, I'm with Judi, I Knew that Bud was meant for you and you for him.
    What a wonderful gift. The very best in fact!

Welcome home Bud
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

As Bud has become more comfortable and secure, he has also become more destructive. He has chewed on my old couch and the pillows from the new couch, chewed up 4 harnesses and 3 leads so far and Sophie cannot keep a stuffed toy - he murders them in short order! So Soph has to go in the bedroom to play with her toys so he won't get them then we have to put them up out of sight. LOL

Yesterday I went to the store and came home to find my yard shoes, several pee towels, his NEW harness, and his 25' long lead we use in the field in 100 pieces in the living room. SO off we went to PetCo for a crate for Bud. I got it all put together and he wanted to go in! I had anticipated weeks of awful howling and crying as he learned to accept being crated but someone already trained him! YAY!! He kept begging me to open the door and he would go in and lay down with his Kong, content as all get out. He even wanted to sleep in it last nite instead of in the bed! WOW! He is scared of storms so I hope it will help him feel safe during them, too. We are expecting storms today and maybe tomorrow so we will see! Putting Sophie in a crate during a storm is NOT good since she will throw herself against the bars but hopefully Bud will not be that way and find comfort in the crate.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Wow! I haven't had a dog yet who liked to be crated! Bought them, tried them, threw them in the basement...mine are all spoiled brats!

But I love them dearly...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

At least he does like to be crated! Molly did for awhile. She guarded her crate like a favorite toy and would growl if anyone tried to remove her when she didn't want out. That passed after awhile, when she decided that sleeping with us or near us was much better. LOL

My golden in her youngster years chewed everything she could find, furniture, logs, anything loose was fair game but she did grow out of it eventually. Not sure Bud is going to hit that grow out of it stage. I was told it was from boredom after her puppy, teething years and sometimes it's anxiety. Whatever the reason behind it, boy it sure can be frustrating. Even when you love them as much as we all do our furbabies.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Wow! Four harnesses, 3 leads, pillows and all the toys he can reach.

Jackson destroys the toys too, but he enjoys the Kongs, antlers and I got some sort of dental bone that he seems to really like. He did grow out of the chewing everything in sight stage, after destroying a boot, three holes in the drywall and my son's network cable into half a dozen pieces! He's not had access to harnesses or leads and thankfully left the pillows alone... if they didn't have a squeaker in them, he wasn't interested.

I hope Bud continues to enjoy his crate, his Kong... and notsomuch the other things in your house.
    Last edited by DoxieMama; 02-06-2017 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added link to boot picture
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

As someone who has just picked up the pieces of a destroyed crate liner that was awaiting a wash (whilst we had dinner!) I feel very fortunate that Henry loves his crate! I find that he is quite happy to relax / sleep in his crate whilst being loose means he wants to do something.....
    I hope Bud is happy to while away a few hours in his crate when you go out.

It sure does make me think of how lucky I was with molly who never even as a puppy destroyed anything. She never even destroyed her toys, although all her friends did when they came to visit and have play dates.

It sure takes me back to Tasha though. She particularly loved logs but anything having to do with the dirt bike accessories Tasha would tear to pieces. That stuff is expensive to replace!!! I'm sure I spent thousands on replacement gloves, liners, boots, you name it. Gosh I loved that girl. LOL

How is Bud doing with the crate Leslie? How is Trinket too?

Bud is doing really good with his crating...in fact I have figured out something. He will go dance around his crate wanting in....and then I find something he has destroyed. So he is punishing himself! Not really. I reckon someone used to make him go in when he was a "bad boy" so he just does it himself now for comfort thinking he's in trouble. He did really good during the storms Mon nite, barking only once when a really loud boom happened...but I barked at that one, too. I need to go get him another 25' lunge lead so he has room to really roam when we walk the field without pulling me down - the short lead just doesn't work well for me or him in the field. Going to get the mail or other short walks on the road it is find but not in the field where he got used to roaming.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

We learned a new game today that wears him slap out quickly! He has a Kong toy, the 3-tiered looking thingy, and a Kong ball and dearly loves to play fetch. So I took both outside this afternoon. I threw the ball first and when he brought that back and dropped it, I threw Kong which bounces crazy keeping him spinning trying to catch it. He loves to catch either one in the air so when he would bring one back and drop, I would throw the other, often in the air for him to jump and catch. He ran and jumped and chased for about 20 min then was ready to come in. Now he's laying under the kitchen table like he's been on a 10-mi hike! He jumped on me a couple of times when I wasn't fast enough for him but he and I both had a good time with his toy and ball so I think this will a regular for us.

Yay for fun times! Nothing in the world than watching a dog play and getting to be a part of it is even better!