Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: "combo test" - ccr + hddst

Default Re: "combo test" - ccr + hddst

if trinket is 4pounds /such a small/ and gets 50mg in daily total of theophyline, than maffy /8,1-8,6kg - around 19pounds/ would need 4-5 x more , so 200mg could be good to try in 2 daily dosage.. also i found this "dosage of theophylline for dogs is 4.5 to 6.8mg per pound by mouth every 12 hours" and so i think 100mg every 12hours can make a diference...if it is something what can helpher. ok, i ll give it a try again.. maybe 50mg twice daily was really low for her...but the vet used same for her dog and she got better on it... but i have nothing to loose, just hope this wont harm her...do you check for theophiline in blood?

No her blood is not checked for the level of the drug in her system. Her vet has never suggested it and I've never asked for it. It helps her breath and that is all that really matters. Nothing I read about it recommends doing that either.

In the US, we don't typically determine the dose of meds we use ourselves - that is left up to the professionals. But I realize things are different where you are so if you decide to increase her dose I would do so slowly. Start at the lower end of the recommended dose then increase if needed. Give her plenty of time on each dose to see if it will help. The cough med, the Gauifenesin, helps a great deal too so if you have that available ask her vet about it. It works to decrease the mucus buildup.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

thanks again unfortunately i have many experiences with vets which made me to not trust them fully.. i m sorry... so i listen what they say and than consult it with others and with experienced people with same problem. as i mentioned - time ago one vet said give her 1/2 of 300mg tablet twice daily... few weeks after /i didnt start to give it to her this time/ another vet said give 1/2 of 100mg tablet twice a day... and i think this is diference... but i gave a try to this low dose....vet told me i should see in 5-7days...i didnt see any relief. now i try 100mg twice a day. /if i was told to give 150mg twice a day, than 100mg as less dose cant harm her more.../

i ll ask about the pill you mentioned

i read about Gauifenesin and cant understand how antitusive and expectorants can work together. the vet who diagnosted her with chronic bronchopulmonary disease, told me not to give antitusive and expectorants together, so now im confused what to do, but i ll ask about it.

dandelion - can i use dandelion roots instead of leafs? can i give it into food?

Leaf is better for fluid movement. That is what my texts recommend. I had the same question when I started using it and have both leaf and root but the leaf is what is best in this situation from my understanding.

I don't know the ins and outs of the different meds, I only know without the Guaifeneisin she gets a lot of mucous which causes her to cough more and usually ends up with pneumonia. And we don't want that any more!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.