Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Miss Peggotty

Default Re: Miss Peggotty

Thank you so very much, everybody. It is a very hard day for me, and it helps knowing you're all here. I've been trying to somehow fashion it in my mind as a "Re-Birthday" or anniversary of the day Peg was freed from pain and the confines of her worn out body. But I'm not getting much mileage out of that.

There is not a morning that dawns or a day that passes without me thinking about her. So at least in my mind's eye, she is never far away. But I still miss her so, and nothing can ever change that. Not today or any day.

Thank you so much for your warm thoughts, and especially for remembering her alongside me. She was such a good girl and so worthy of being remembered and honored. My shiny black dog and now my sweet angel. Mommy loves you forever.

It was just yesterday she had to leave, wasn't it? No, no...it was ages ago, right? Time doesn't work right when grief is present. On one hand it seems like our baby girls were just here, right here, under our touch....but on the other hand it seems like decades since we've seen them. Hopefully time is different for them - years seeming like minutes. I just know they miss us, too. And one day we will be with them again.

Many hugs, dear lady!
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

I join you in honoring our sweet Peg. Our shiny, black girl, with huge bear paws and heart of gold.

Kathy
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Thank you all again. It helps to know I'm not alone. I honestly think today is even harder for me than the day after Peg died. Everything happened so fast and I was really in shock back then. I felt almost numb. Since then, there have been many rough days during the past year, including all the "firsts." But even with the firsts, I felt a connection between past and present. And the connection helped me somehow, even though it hurt. Don't know if that makes any sense at all, but there was some comfort along with the hurt..

But today -- one year plus one day -- it just hurts really bad. It feels like she's finally really gone. From now on it will just be one year adding to another year and the time will keep falling away from the time when we were together. It will be harder for me to recall all the little things that bound our lives together. I'll remember that they happened, but it'll be harder to relive how they felt. That makes me so sad.

But I promise that I'll never forget how much I love her. I will never, ever forget that. That is one promise I know I will keep, and it will feel as alive as the first day I laid eyes on her and held her in my arms. My precious baby girl.

That is so true, Marianne...I am having trouble remembering all the little things...they are getting further and further from my memory. The way she smelled, the sound of her breathing, the way her fur felt. That hurts so much. The one thing that I still can feel and hear, is the way she would sigh when I held her in my arms against my heart. I hope that one stays with me...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

HUGS Marianne I'm sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I don't think you ever forget the love, their preciousness to you. It is embeded deep into your "love" cells.
    I don't know how any of us get through that anniversary. I think we just muddle on through the day and give ourselves time to spend in contemplation and memories. It's awful that we have to give ourselves permission that it is okay to continue to grieve but sometimes it's the only way.

I understand so much what you mean. We all do. That one year date is not for the faint of heart, it strikes really hard to what we love most.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Oh Marianne-1 year. I can't even imagine. I think I'm going to make a Whiskey journal so I don't forget all the cute & crazy times, and all the little things too. Your words make perfect sense.
    We have a black lab in our neighborhood who reminds me so much of your sweet Peg, based on your descriptions. He's a gentle giant who stares at our house every time he walks by, looking for his friend. Sending belated hugs to you and crying right there with you.
    Love is forever.
    Annie

Marianne, sending you a late big hug .The love for your sweet girl will never change. From the moment you first saw her and held her in your arms you knew you loved her. And the love and bond became stronger. That will never change.. Love is everlasting .I have kept a journal for most of my baby`s life. A little after she left, I started to write down all the memories of the times we shared. The funny things she did, the special times and simple times. Things that were not written in her original journal .Things that did not seem real important at that time. Even what she wore at that certain time and what was in our picnic basket. I don`t think I will ever forget those things but they make me smile and feel good when I read about them. I gave her a wonderful life. Maybe that would help you. Your baby knew how much you loved her and she felt that every day. I am not good at words but I hope I provided a little comfort for you just as you comfort me.
    Last edited by mommyslittlegirl; 06-18-2017 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Add

Oh Dawn, your words are so sweet and I thank you so much! They surely are a comfort to me. Annie's memory book for Whiskey and your journal for your baby girl are wonderful ideas. I think it just might help me to start writing down some things, too. When my Cushpup Barkis died, I wrote him letters for several weeks afterwards . I thanked him for all he'd given me and I remembered our special times together. It was hard to write those letters amid many tears, but they also helped get me through those very sad days because they kept me feeling close to him.

I have a pretty little blank notebook that a friend gave me as a gift some time ago. I hadn't had a use for it before, but this may just be the perfect thing. I think I'm going to start writing down some memories today in hopes of bringing Peg back closer to me again, too. You are a good friend, Dawn, and I thank you very much for helping me.

Can't believe it has "only" been a year. But one of my strongest memories of her, well actually your stories of her, is the fact that as a pup, she would bounce up and down, like a skippy ball....that will never leave my mind

Big big hugs,

Saskia