Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Miss Peggotty

Default Re: Miss Peggotty

Hello my Angel Peg. I can barely believe it, but five years have now passed since we last hugged and kissed you. It was five years ago today that we set you free.

It was on a Monday that we had to say goodbye. On the day before, though, I remember the four of us out in your backyard. Daddy and I were so worried about you, but you still managed to get out the door and we all sat together for a while on your soft green grass. Daddy and I are just now back inside after giving Luna a Sunday bath out there. She isn’t able to make it upstairs into the tub anymore, so we were waiting for a sunny warm day in order to bathe her in the yard. Today was the day, and I couldn’t help thinking about you and remembering you with us on that other sunny June morning.

Sadly for us, Luna’s hind end is growing ever weaker, just like your’s did. For the moment, though, she’s still managing OK. But do be ready for her, Sweetheart, when her time comes. I know that you and Barkis and Grandmother will be right there when she’s ready. That’s the one thing that gives me peace at the times when we see her struggling. You always took such good care of your little sister. You would have been such a wonderful momma dog if you’d ever had puppies of your own. I know you’ll always be there for Lunie when she needs you.

I love you, Sweetheart. My beautiful shiny black dog. Forever and always in my heart.

Oh Marianne...this has brought tears to my eyes. So sweet, so sad, so many memories. I am watching Gable the same way you are watching Luna. He is struggling with getting up, sliding on the floor, just like Lee. I know the time is coming, and I am dreading it, but as long as he still seems happy, loves going out and just laying down watching the world go by, and playing as much as he is able with Cooper, I am going to hope for more time. I may start him on some Cosequin? I'm not sure if that's spelled right.

I can't believe it's been five years, for both of us, just a few months apart. I loved your beautiful, shiny black dog the way I loved my Lee, and now Luna and my big beautiful boy, Gabe.

Many, many hugs and kisses to you and Luna from me and my pack....

Love, Joan.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh Marianne, these anniversaries are so bittersweet especially when those who have gone ahead are standing by for another who prepares to face that Journey across the Bridge. But there really is a comfort in knowing all those loved ones are together and watching over us, waiting for us when our time comes at last. It's hard to believe it's been five years since Miss Peg had to leave this life. Seems like only yesterday she was here with us all, brightening our days with stories of her life with her family. I know it's even more unreal for you and hubby. I pray your heart is filled with joyful memories of that time together.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Sending huge and loving hugs ♥♥♥

Thank you so much, my dear friends. My Cushing’s family has meant the world to me during these many years we’ve been together. This is the first place I turn to, both in happiness and in sorrow over my furbabies — over *our* furbabies thanks to the special love we all share! I know you always understand everything I’m feeling without words even needing to be spoken. I’m so very grateful that you’re here.

Thank you again, today and every day.

Hi Marianne,
    Read your heart wrenching post and also became teary. Yes. the time passes much too quickly. There is never enough time with them. Sending love and hugs across the miles.
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Oh Kathy, thank you so much. Sending hugs right back at you…!

mytil is offline Administrator and always In Loving Memory

I am so sorry I am late Marianne!!!! I know your sweetie pie is watching over you!!!! I am in tears reading your wonderful post.
    Big ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
    Terry