Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcoming Mr Chew Bacca Louie Dogge

Default Re: Welcoming Mr Chew Bacca Louie Dogge

Hello Friends:

It's been a while. Chewy has graduated his Novice Class and one excercise short of getting his CGC. He still is working towards his TDI. He was neutered at the start of the month and came through that with flying colors. We missed 5 weeks of his classes because I tore my meniscus in my knee. Kinda hard to train him and not be able to walk.

Last Monday, we made our return to class and little Chewy showed off in front of all those big dogs.

For fun, we filled a pool with water for him because he liked the bathtub so much. He didn't take to the pool with water in it. But once we put his toys in it, we can't seem to get him out.

In the meantime, I am loving every minute with him. Although I will always miss Fritz and Wally, Chewy has wormed his way into my heart.

Hoping all is well with all of you,
    Marge and Chewy Louie

PS Posting a new picture of him.

Congrats to Chewie on passing the Novice Class and on being so close with his CGC! I remember the days of classes with Gizmo. They helped us to bond. All the best with finishing his TDI. That's something Gizmo could never have done. My husband still does agility with our toy poodle.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

Just a quick update:

Chewy completed his CGC and is a PAWS certified reading dog. He has kids read to him every Wednesday for 3 hours. Chewy is in an Advanced Obedience class on Monday. I posted a picture of his doing his first jumps.

If he isn't stimulated enough, Chewy will destroy his toys. I can't tell you how many moose we have gone through. As soon as I see a toy missing limbs, it goes. We have given him antlers to chew on because they last. But sometimes, nothing tastes better than an ear or tail.

Keeping things brief, I have been sick with a cold that turned into bronchitis. Husband during this had his knee scoped and getting ready to do the other one.

If I don't check in, Merry Christmas to all my friends on the forum.

Oh Marge, thanks so much for this update! I'm up "early" this morning cuz my brain will take a few days to adjust to the time change, and how nice to find this post from you .

I am so proud of both you and Chewy! I lost my sweetie Peg early in the summer, and probably my greatest regret is that I never made the effort to get her certified to be a reading dog. They have that program here, too, and she would have been just perfect for it. It would have brought such joy to both her and the kids. It takes commitment on the owner's part to make that happen, though, and I was just too darn lazy to do it . So my hat is off to you both -- good job, well done!!!

I know you are really missing Fritz, though, and especially today. I wish you the happiest of holiday seasons, but don't forget our "Holiday House" on the In Loving Memory forum in the event there are a few holiday remembrances that end up tugging at your heart.

In the meantime, though, it's great to see you and to read about Chewy. Your precious baby boy is surely growing up!

Marianne

Great news about Chewy! He sounds like he's just full of mischief in a good way.

Merry Christmas to you but hopefully you will be able to pop in yourself
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Hello All:

A couple of days away before Christmas, I thought that I would check in. Chewy just celebrated his first birthday. It was a small party because of an early snow storm. Somehow we made it out to see Santa. Santa liked Chewy but Chewy didn't reciprocate. He cooperated with sitting on his lap, but once those paws hit the floor, he barked the whole time.

We finished the year learning how to use weave poles and working the room of kindergarten children at PAWS and the older kids when they read to him. Chewy also learned how to cheat at his agility jumps. But for a puppy, he leads a busy life.

This little guy has touched so many lives and introduced me to so many new people. For that I am ever so grateful to Chewy. There are days I wonder how I got so lucky that he is my puppy.

Enough gushing over Chewy.

I just want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a better New Year.

Marge and Chewy (and my angels, Fritz, Wally and Lady)

PS Chewy's Santa picture is in his album.

Awww Marge, Chewy's Santa picture is so cute! It's so good to hear from you, especially now during this holiday season. Your post is a touching reminder of the ongoing cycle of life and love. I know last Christmas was so difficult after your loss of Fritz. And now here we are, able to join you in the celebration of Chewy's life and the joy he brings to this world . Thank you for returning to us this morning, and I wish your whole family a wonderful Christmas and very happy 2017!

Marianne

Such an uplifting, happy story, Marge...Merry Christmas from all of us, too!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHEWY! and many, many more to come!

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours, Marge!
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Gosh, already a year old. Just full of mischief at that age. He is sure cute and love the busy life he leads.

Isn't that just the truth of it. Dogs introduce us to other people and bring new adventures to our lives
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)