Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tank~ My corgi pit mix (Tank has passed)

Default Re: Tank~ My corgi pit mix (Tank has passed)

Kat, hugs.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Tank. The day after my husband and I had to let our adopted senior Gizmo go nothing felt real either. We were numb and in a daze. The time ahead will be hard and I'll be thinking of you. Remember we're all here for you as you grieve.
    Allison and Angel Gizmo

My deepest condolences, Kat -- it is so very hard to do the one thing that our pups need at their most difficult time. I know that Molly and our other angels were waiting for Tank and gave him a rousing greeting!
    Judy H. (Always "Maggie and Abbie's Mom" & now "Sadie Sue's Mom")
    Venice, FL

Default Re: Tank~ My corgi pit mix

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    It is so hard First Molly and now Tank have gone to the rainbow Journey, two dogs that had that special something about them. Whilst you know you did what you had to do so your boy didn't suffer, it doesn't make it any easier on you. The grief is immense and all consuming as was your love for one another.
    I know! Molly hasn't even been gone two weeks. They are very close together wherever they are.

Quote Originally Posted by labblab View Post
    Oh Kat, my heart absolutely goes out to you. As hard as it must have been to write these words, I am so grateful you've come back to tell us. I hope so much you will let us do our best to support you right now. You gave Tank your final gift of release, but now you are paying the price yourself, fully and completely. Shock and numbness may slowly give way to pure and absolute grief. At least, that's the way it worked for me . So as time goes on, please know that we are always here for you. To listen, to talk, to rant and rail, to cry, to remember alongside you. And perhaps most importantly of all, to join you in honoring your brave, sweet, precious boy.

Sending many hugs to you, this second morning after. Awakening each morning and realizing yet again what has happened has always been the hardest time for me, myself. So please know this morning that you are not alone.

Marianne
    I don't feel so alone now. I don't know how I would be handling all of this if you all weren't here. I tried going home earlier today and was excited to see him but as soon as my hand touched the door, I realized he wasn't going to be there. I held my breath and left again. I don't want to cry yet.

He has been with me for most of my life. I can not believe he is gone.
    Last edited by tank&kat; 09-26-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan2517 View Post
    You loved him and he loved you...in the end that's what we have to hold on to.

Praying for you....
    Joan
    I am really trying to focus on that. It's not easy. Lena is a beautiful, especially the picture of her on the sofa. I wish I could have known her.
    Last edited by tank&kat; 09-26-2016 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt's Mom View Post
    I'm so glad you came here to tell your family about Tank. He was special here, too, and will be missed.
    That means a lot. Your experience watching the vet's car, hoping they would stop and let her out... That's just how I felt. I also thought that he would somehow wake up and be in the building all alone so I went to the door a few times to listen for him. And just like with your dad, I felt like I couldn't get up to leave. His bed was really comfortable and smelled like him. I did not want to leave without him.
    Last edited by tank&kat; 09-26-2016 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by judymaggie View Post
    My deepest condolences, Kat -- it is so very hard to do the one thing that our pups need at their most difficult time. I know that Molly and our other angels were waiting for Tank and gave him a rousing greeting!
    Thank you Judy, I also believe they were waiting for him.
    Last edited by tank&kat; 09-26-2016 at 02:15 AM.

Dear Kat,
    Just came to check on Tank's ACL injury and saw all this. I'm truly so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. My heart breaks for you.
    Annie

Quote Originally Posted by tank&kat View Post
    I am really trying to focus on that. It's not easy. Lena is a beautiful, especially the picture of her on the sofa. I wish I could have known her.
    She was my everything, Kat. I don't remember much before she came to us as this tiny 1.5lb puppy. My world revolved around her. It hurts, but I have found myself smiling sometimes when I think of her and when I look at pictures, but that took months to happen...and there are days when I just can't.

But the rest of them still need me, especially Sibbie who is just a baby...and Doree is getting old and needing more attention. I think Gable is the only one who still misses her or he feels that I do, and he gets sad, so I try not to let him see me cry. He's my rock!

Your pain is still so fresh, Kat...just let it happen. My friend, Connie, always said that when you get older, one bout of crying and you have to hide in the house for three days until the swelling goes down. I've done a lot of hiding since Lee died...

Thinking of you,
    Joan
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Katherine, I want more than anything to believe and so I do, that Molly and Tank are running around and playing like crazy with all their dog friends. No more pain, no more anything bad, just happy puppies again. At their very best. That they watch over us and make sure that their people are okay.
    I understand the not wanting to go inside the house. It's the most horrible part, until you open the door and know that actually being inside is even worse than standing outside.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)