Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

Default Re: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

Awww, thank you Marianne. That's so sweet.

And for the hugs, Lori...I can definitely use them...

Love to you both!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Big ole hugs, Joan. These anniversaries are hard enough during the good time much less when you have so much on your plate. I know your sweet girl understands and still feels the love you share.
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you, Leslie!

Love,
    Joan
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

My sweet Lee, I hope you were happy to have Gable with you this Thanksgiving. I missed you both so much. Again, I had to smile and pretend...I did all my crying in the shower, before Jess and the kids got here, then before I went to sleep. My Facebook memory came up this morning for Thanksgiving 2015. You were there and so was Gabe...happier holidays for me. I love you both now and forever, and I think of you every day.

Love, Mommy

My baby girl, it's been six years today. I think of you every day, and now Gable is with you for this anniversary in Heaven. I know you must be happy to have him with you, he missed you all these years, too. I miss you both very much and have been thinking of you and him with Andee, Temujin, Phoenix and all the rest. Kiss them all for me, my precious Lena. My heart hurts just as much as the day you left me.

I love you, now and forever, my precious angel.

Love, Mommy

Dear Joan,

Yesterday I came upon this beautiful poem. It was written by an incredible woman who has created a sanctuary for cats she has rescued in Spain. She wrote this poem to honor the many cherished kitties that she’s lost. It touches my own heart so deeply, and I think it embraces us all in the the loss of our furbabies, kitties and doggies alike. I want to post it here today, in honor of Lena, and Gable, and Colleen’s Ginger, and *all* our angels throughout the years. Always in loving memory. Forever in our hearts.

The Places We Go When We Leave
    — Elle Maruska

There are worlds upon worlds all blooming with wonder
    & numberless doorways between
    & when we are done with mere skin & bone
    we become travelers of shadow & dream
    we do not need form, nor breath, eyes, or claws
    to hunt through the brilliance & gleam
    & all pain fades away, all fear falls to gray
    when we go where we go when we leave
    But memory persists & love still exists
    & we wait close & we watch as you grieve
    for we know you can’t know the places we go
    when our bodies fall finally to sleep
    but don’t hurt for us long, nor imagine us gone
    though we’ve slipped into beauty unseen:
    we’re waiting right here for when you finally appear
    & we can both go where we go when we leave

I love that, Marianne...and I so hope it's true. I was just beginning to not cry every time I thought of her. I could talk about her and smile. Then Gable died and I'm back to crying again. And there are so many more pictures of him because of Facebook. I am glad that there are, but I miss him...maybe because it's still so soon. I know it will get better with time. But I'm a long-haul griever, I think...

Love to you and Luna...
    Joan

Happy Birthday in Heaven, my precious. You would have been 22 years old today! When you died at almost 15, you were the oldest dog we ever had. Now Doree has surpassed you at 17 or 18. She has doggie dementia and it is so sad to see. I'm glad you didn't have to go through that on top of Cushing's.

I love and miss you all the time. Give Gable a kiss for me and all the others who are there with you. I miss you all, now and forever...

Love, Mommy

My precious Lee. Today you have been gone for seven years. Seven years. I still miss you every day. I will never stop. Kiss Gable and Doree for me. I know you must be happy to be together with them again.

Love you now and forever, my sweet little angel...

Mommy

Sending huge and loving hugs, dearest Joan.