Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

Default Re: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Vetoryl

Joan, take a look at this thread for hints to keep you from losing your replies before they get posted:

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1329

I am so very sorry that I scared you with my post earler. I only had a minute, as it was in the middle of my work day. Chaos can (and often does ) erupt without warning. So again, my post was too short and didn't provide enough of an explanation. I am very sorry about that!

Please do not withold Lena's pill. As Marianne said, we are just beginning to gather the information needed to sort out Lena's particular circumstances. Every fur baby has different needs and often different dosages.

I do believe you when you say that you know there is something wrong although others say that Lena is fine. A mother always knows.

Hang in there, enjoy your sweet girl and remember to BREATHE!!

Kathy

I just want to say hello and welcome. Adrenal tumors can be real buggers to get control of.
    So let's see the ACTH testing results and the dates and dosage she was on at each test and go from there.
    Deep breaths. Knowledge is key with Cushing's and the more you learn the better equipped you will be to make decisions on her behalf.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I can't tell you all how happy I am to have found this site! I finally feel like I am not alone. Thank you so much for all these posts.

This seems strange, but when I got home from work tonight, Lena seems better. She's more alert and even playful...maybe she senses my relief and I don't seem so sad to her.

That is very good o hear. Hopefully the improvements continue and no need for worries.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

I forgot to mention she also has high blood pressure. I just saw the picture of Ginger and her dry nose...another trip to the vet where they gave me cream for it and never mentioned high blood pressure.

You do want to have the BP monitored periodically and especially if you know it is high. Is she on any medication for high blood pressure?

What about the cream??? Is it by chance a steroid??? That could definitely make Lena's cortisol go wonky.

She is...something that starts with an A..I don't have the bottle in front of me.

It's called Dermoscent and its a bio balm. But I just realized that her eye drops have steroids in them.