Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast

Thread: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

Default Re: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

(((((((Awwww...huge hugs, Joan!)))))))

Joan, I’m so sorry about your mom. Although you know her suffering is over and she is at peace and holding your sweet Lena in her arms, it is a loss and leaves a huge hole in your heart. Sending you big hugs and much love!
    Claire

Thank you, Claire. It is strange...even though she hasn't known who I am for so long, I miss her. Everyone is finding pictures of her and she was so beautiful and happy all the time. Just doesn't seem fair that she suffered for so long. I know Lena is happy to have her there, she loved my mom and especially loved visiting them in PA. Both of my parents loved her and I can just see her sitting on their laps.

I still miss her so much...
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I am so sorry about your mom, Joan. Even when a loved one is so ill it is still hard to let them go. My dad had suffered with one thing after another for years and I knew he was so tired but when the time came that he could fight no more it was one of the most difficult things I have ever done to tell him it was alright for him to go. My selfishness wanted me to beg him to stay just a little longer. Today it brings me a measure of comfort to know he is with my daughter and all my babies and to know that he and my mom are together again. He worshiped the ground my mom walked on so I know it brought him joy when she joined him. I hope in time you too will find some comfort knowing your mom is with those she and you love. I believe, and often feel, my dad's spirit is still near. Otherwise I couldn't face life at times. I believe your mom will be close by you as well, lending you strength and hope when your burdens seem too much to bear.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

Thank you, Leslie. My sister had asked everyone to call her the week before she died. She was hoping that if she heard all of the voices of all of the children and grandchildren that she might let go. And it worked, maybe that's what she was waiting for. Whoever was close enough visited in person. I am glad that I saw her on the Monday when she still looked a little like herself, and didn't wait until the end of the week because she declined so rapidly after that. I was completely shocked when I went over to wait with my sister for the funeral parlor to come get her.

It was a long struggle, my sister and her family did a wonderful job taking care of her, and I know this will leave a huge hole in my sister's life, but I hope she will find peace and be able to get back to her old life.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

I lost my mom and Dad many years ago when I was 28. We didn’t have video or iPhones so I have photos but nothing with their voices and sometimes I feel so terrible that I can’t remember what they sounded like. I hope all my fur kids are with them waiting for me to cross the bridge and we can all be together. There are nights when I can’t sleep and I swear they all come and haunt me. The hole in my heart has never closed. It’s such a shame we can’t find answers to some of these insidious diseases. Hang on to your memories and know in your heart your precious little Lena is getting lots of cuddles and love and your mom knows who she is and everything else!! Lots of Love!! Claire

Wow! That's young to lose parents. Sometimes I think that prints are better. All my pictures are in my phone, in my laptop, in my desktop, and if you don't use those devices anymore, there go your pics. I have been going through boxes and boxes of them that my sister brought back from my mom's, but then where will I keep them and who will want them after I'm gone.

I don't think they come to haunt you, I think they want you to know that they are all there with you.

Love to you, too!

Happy belated birthday in Heaven, my precious...yesterday you would've been 20! Even though I know you probably wouldn't have lived that long, I still feel cheated. I thought about all the little things I loved about you...your beautiful eyes and the way they always followed me; the way your ears would go down when you saw me; how you would wait until I opened my eyes before you licked my face, never trying to get me up the way Sibbie does; our favorite songs to dance to; how you loved being in my arms; and how I loved to hold you up and kiss your belly.

The holidays were so different this year and not just because you aren't here with us...I don't think we are doing anything for Easter, i really don't want to. Daddy can't really eat much and I don't want to make all the usual stuff that he won't be able to eat. Maybe just brunch, the food is easier for him to chew...I don't know, we'll see. So far no one has mentioned it, maybe just Jess, Jeremy and the boys. Thanksgiving and Christmas was just too much work for me and I don't think we are up for another long day of cleaning, cooking and cleaning up. Getting Dad to all his appointments and treatments is exhausting!

The tree is still up. I have all of your ornaments facing the couch so I can see them...your first Christmas picture ornament; your "I love my Mom and Dad" ornaments; the Willow ornanment with the woman holding the little dog; and the poodle one. I think I will do some photo ornaments with my favorite shots of you for next year. I need to make one of Gable, he's the only one not on there.

I hope Marie, Pop and Grandma Frances sang "Happy Birthday" to you yesterday. Give them all a bunch of kisses for me, my sweet Lee...and Andee, Tem, Phoenix and all the rest who are with you in Heaven.

Mommy still thinks about you, talks about you, and misses you...always and forever, my little angel child, always...

Oh Joan, giant hugs being sent your way. And tonight I’ll light a little candle in celebration of angel Lena’s birthday and abiding spirit. Ever since the holidays, I’ve continued to light candles on my mantle in honor of special souls, special days, and special memories. Tonight my candle will honor Lena alongside the arrival of spring. A special soul and a special day, all rolled into one. Happy, Happy Birthday, dearest little one!!!!!

With much love to you and your mom from Auntie Marianne

(((Hugs))) ♥♥♥