Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

Default Re: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

Thanks, Leslie!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Happy Birthday, Lena!
    Hugs from me too.

Thank you, Lori!
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Awwww, I'm late as usual! Happy Birthday Angel Lena.

What lovely memories to have Joan. You'll always have those memories.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Tons of them, Sharlene...thanks!

Aww Joan, I’ve been thinking about you all week and composed a different note in my head every day but never got far enough to post a single one. The tears just made my eyes too blurry. I know how bittersweet the anniversaries and memories are for me, too, and I so wish I could reach out and give you a genuine giant bear hug.

I have a friend who is training in some sort of philosophy that warns against dwelling in memories because they keep your mind from appreciating life in the moment. Well, I say that’s hooey. My philosophy is that some of my most profound moments are when my past and my present all merge into one. I hold my memories sacred and dear to me. And the memories you share with us are sacred and so dear, too, Joan. I feel as though I can see Lena’s spirit perfectly through your mind’s eye, and I can feel how precious she remains to you, now and always. Lena is a gift you share with us all.

So Happy Birthday sweet little girl. And giant (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) to your mom.

Marianne

Awww., Marianne, now I'm crying. Hooey is right! Sometimes I think of all the fur babies I've lost and wonder why Lena has had this profound affect on me?? I know I loved them all, but she is the one that I just can't let go of. Every time I can't remember something about her, it freaks me out! And I go searching through all of my memories until I find it.

The estate she grew up on is going to be sold...and it makes me so sad. All my baby memories of her are there, and it's just going to be bulldozed and divided up into huge houses that no one will buy. And we've got pets buried there that will be dug up and dumped somewhere else.

When I come here, I know I am with friends who feel the same. I know I'm not alone, and/or crazy. We are a group of people who aren't afraid to show how much love we can give to our pets, or anyone else's.

This is a wonderful forum, and I am glad everyday that I happened upon it while googling Cushing's after Lena was diagnosed. I don't know how I could have gotten through the last two years without all of you.

Happy late birthday Lena . Memories of our babies are so very precious and wonderful . They keep them forever in our hearts and mind . I saw a sign the other day that said " You have my whole heart , for my whole life " Hugs to you Joan

Oh no, that is so sad that the estate is being sold and bulldozed up.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

What a great sign, Dawn! Hugs to you, too...