Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

Default Re: Lena, Teacup Poodle w/ adrenal tumor - Lena is now an angel

Thank you, all....this is where I go when my heart hurts because we all understand these feelings.
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

(((Hugs)))

My precious...Marie has come to join you this afternoon. I told you last night that I thought it would be soon and I guess I was right. I know you'll be happy to see her. When I said goodbye to her last week, I told her to give you hugs and kisses from me. She always loved you and I know you are probably in her lap right now. Keep my mom company until we are all together again, my sweet little Lena.

Mommy loves you now and forever.....
    Joan, mom to my Angel Lena, Angel Gable, Angel Phoenix, Angel Doree, Cooper, Sibble, and now Raina.

Oh Joan, sending you hugs and my warmest thoughts. I know you’ve written for quite a while that Marie was not well, but I am so sorry for yet another loss. Peace be with you, my friend. And yes, I believe as do you that Lena was right there ready to give her comfort and love. Now with an important job to do as she awaits the rest of her beloved to arrive in the years to come. Your sweetest angel girl, always and forever.

Huge loving hugs coming from me as well

Thank you, Marianne and Lori. My mom has been so sick for so long that it's a relief and a blessing. My sister and her family can finally get back to normal: no more aides day and night; no more visiting nurses; no more hospice; and they can get to do things without worrying. It was still hard though watching them take her out of the house and put her in the van. I had Sibbie with me and she took one look at my mom and then just laid her head on my chest the way that Lena used to do. While we waited for the funeral parlor to come get her, we sat in the kitchen and I was sitting where I could still see her and Sibbie just sat quietly in my lap staring at my mother. It was very strange, she would usually want to run around and play with her toys. She did exactly what Lee would have done...very strange.

The wake is tomorrow and the funeral on Wednesday morning. We tried to talk my sister out of a wake, but she insisted on having one with an open casket! Very few of my mom's friends or relatives are still alive and the ones that are won't travel because of the pandemic. My brother in Arizona can't come, nor can my brother in South Carolina due to the restrictions, so it will be small. Funeral parlor says no more than 50. Then Cathy is having a luncheon after the mass on Wednesday in a restaurant, inside! I am very nervous about that, especially because of Josh, who isn't going, but I certainly don't want to risk bringing the virus home to him. I don't know what she's thinking...she is the only one of all of us who has had the virus. I may go look at the place myself tomorrow, but I think i will probably not attend which will upset her, but I think it's too huge a risk. The whole thing is keeping me up at night.

Anyway, it's over. I hadn't realized that it's been nine years! The last two being the worst. It's a horrible disease and I hope it won't be passed down...
    Last edited by Joan2517; 08-03-2020 at 08:21 AM. Reason: none to very few

Joan, I totally support your decision to stay as safe as you can, especially given Josh’s extreme vulnerability. I know it will be hard to upset your sister, but truly, what *is* she thinking under the circumstances?? I’m guessing we’ve offended (or at least baffled) a few friends who’ve been trying to get us to join them for some “socially distanced” gatherings. But we know they’ve generally been willing to expose themselves to riskier situations than we have, and frankly, I still don’t want to be near anybody at all right now with our cases still surging here in our part of the country. So I encourage you to stick to your guns, and stay as safe as you can.

And I do understand your relief that your mom’s tribulations are finally over. For humans and animals alike, I do believe that release becomes a blessing when all pleasure is gone and daily existence is nothing more than mere survival. But the passing does change things forever for those of us who are left behind. How dear that Sibbie chose to comfort you as she did at that moment of time. Perhaps right then, there was indeed an overlay of spirits in the midst of the coming and going. And even though you’ll all miss your mom as she was at her best, I hope your whole family will now find comfort in knowing that she’s at peace. And that will give you more peaceful days, as well.

Love, Marianne

Thank you for your thoughts, Marianne. I haven't told her yet, but I am not going to attend the lunch. And with this storm heading our way today and ready to hit at the exact wake hours, I have no idea what will happen. My father died in 2008 while they were still living in PA. An ice storm hit the day of his wake, and it was just whatever family had already made it there. They just can't seem to get it right! LOL!

We'll see what happens....

Love,
    Joan

Hi Joan, I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. My mom died last December unexepectantly. She never complained about anything. Yet, looking back on her last year or so, she really didn't have much quality-of-life left and knew it. She remained mentally sharp til the end. I think it make it even harder because she knew what was happening and couldn't fix it. Your mom's trials are over and she's free of pain now. Both of them are now at peace. That is such a gift.

With regards to attending a luncheon, or wake for that matter... Your mom understands and wouldn't want you to risk your health by doing what is unsafe. I know this because that's how moms are. So, go with your gut. Yes, your sister has had Covid, but what about the rest of you? I don't understand why there even would be an indoor luncheon right now. Maybe, the family can all do a Celebration of Life get together in a year or so, when it's safe for everyone to attend.

Covid is surging like an out of control wildfire throughout California. We are still hunkered down here, only venturing out weekly for essentials. Restuarants are closed to indoor dining, but I wouldn't be going anyway right now. Returning to work/school is my biggest issue right now. I will hit 30 years in 2022. I can retire now, but would like to make it till then. Another year (or two) isn't going to help a whole lot if I die from Covid, or I bring it home to dad, who is 89.

So Joan, do what is best for you and your family. No one can fault you for that. That's what EVERYONE should be doing right now.

Hugs,
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Thank you, Kathy. I never did get to the wake on Tuesday due to the storm. With downed trees and power lines almost all roads were closed. Not many people showed except for family who were already here and some others who did manage to make it from the South shore. I did get to the service at the funeral parlor and mass yesterday though, in spite of the roads still being a little tricky. It was a small group, but I still didn't feel comfortable about the lunch, which I did bow out of.

Both services were beautiful and i am glad that I attended. At the church, when the priest goes around the casket waving the incense over it, an absolutely amazing thing happened. I know it was a sign from Lena and my mom....one of the plumes of smoke formed a perfect smoke ring that looked just like a halo and floated up over the casket to the ceiling of the church! I saw it first and nudged my brother and my nephew who were sitting on either side of me. They saw it and nudged whoever was next to them. My sister is hard of hearing and by the time she understood what we were trying to show her it had disappeared. I know it was a sign that she was safe and well and that Lena was with her. I don't think anyone but me saw it as a sign, just something unusual. I had been asking Lena for signs since she died and I think that was the perfect one. I'm happy that Lena was there for my mom and she is probably sitting in her lap right now.