Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So very sad

Default Re: So very sad

Hi Dawn,

What wonderful, emotional memories you have with your baby. Thank you for sharing them here. I join Marianne in sending you compassionate hugs.

Shana
    Mama to Jackson and Kira, and my darling Cushing's angel, Visuddha

Beautifully said Dawn. She was indeed a true love.
    Sharlene and the late great diva - Molly muffin (always missed and never forgotten)

Dear Dawn,

What precious memories of your sweet girl during a most difficult time. So often those memories are a double-edged sword. One edge allowing us to laugh and smile again while the other cuts deep, reawakening the agony of our loss. But we cherish those memories regardless and in time they do bring more joy than pain, becoming all the more precious as a result.

You were a good mom and I know she is so full of love for you still today, watching over you with all the devotion you showed to her.

Hugs,
    Leslie
    "May you know that absence is full of tender presence and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." John O'Donahue, "Eternal Echoes"

Death is not a changing of worlds as most imagine, as much as the walls of this world infinitely expanding.

My dear sweet Dawn,
    It took a lot of courage and pain to post. Enfolding you with love,compassion, support. In memory of sweet Kiki. The loss will always be there. When you love so deeply, you fall even harder.
    Love Sonja and Apollo

Marianne , Shana, Sharlene, Leslie and Sonja, Thank you. Your words of comfort made me feel better.
    Last edited by mommyslittlegirl; 11-19-2016 at 08:53 PM.

It has been almost a year and a half since my baby had to leave me. I am so very sad and unhappy. I still miss her so much. I cry every day for her. I just want her back. I want to hold her, tell her how much I love her. Look into those beautiful eyes. I can not move on with my life. No one makes me happy like she did. I was not happy before I got her and I am not happy now. I don`t know how to live without her. How does a person live again ?
    Last edited by mommyslittlegirl; 05-03-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Oh Dawn, that is such a hard question . I sure wish I knew the answer, but I guess it is probably different for every person. I am so sorry that you have yet to find any relief from your sorrow. It will soon be a year now since I lost my Peg. I have both good and bad days, it seems. Some days are just harder than others, when the memories and loss come flooding back. But I am lucky, in that I do have good days, as well. And that gives balance to my life.

I can't give you any reason for that. It just is, and I am grateful. Having Luna in my life does help a lot. She needs me and I need her, and that is really a gift.

I admit this is my head talking -- trying to think rationally -- but I do honestly hope and believe that there are future possibilities for joy in your life, Dawn. Even though it doesn't seem like it now, I do believe things can still change for you, perhaps even when you least expect it. Until then, I continue to send you my warmest wishes and tons of hugs.

Always in loving memory of your sweet baby girl,
    Marianne

Oh dearest Dawn,

For me, with time the pain became bearable, it never really leaves me, just kinda hovers and certain things make it come to the surface. I do have a lot more happy times than sad ones especially when I'm reminiscing about my boys, I still miss them very much. One thing that has helped me move on is giving a forever home to a rescue dog, I've chosen to adopt older dogs that have an unlikely chance of being adopted out.

Oh Dawn, please know we are here for you and we always will be.

Love and hugs, Lori

I also feel that it is different for everyone. We feel so very deeply for our babies and that pain can be unbearable. There is no time limit as far as working through our grief.

Personally, I needed to be needed. I could not function until another baby joined my family. I needed a purpose to get up and face the day. I had to care for a tiny fur baby who had no one else. A 3.2 pound ball of fluff who changed my life. I ached for Buddy and still do. That has not changed, but my little Rosie helped me to heal. Another dog is not a replacement, or the right choice for everyone, but was the right choice for me.

Try to pick one beautiful thing per day to be thankful for. Whether it be a sunset or butterfly, etc. It's the little things that show us that life goes on.

Big hugs,
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlegirl View Post
    How does a person live again ?
    Kathy and Angel Buddy. The mightiest of all lizard hunters!

Dawn, you've remained in my thoughts over these past couple of days, and I'm going to throw out a suggestion that may not sound at all like a good idea to you. But on the other hand, it just might. I've been thinking about what a caring and loving person you are, and now that your baby is no longer in your arms, so much love must just be bottled up inside you. My very elderly mom has always been a believer that "doing" is the best cure for the doldrums, and I guess I must have inherited that belief from her. Because I can't help wondering if your spirits might rise if you could find a useful way to help care for somebody else in need.

Of course my first thought is an animal, since as you can see, that is the avenue that has helped several of us here. I totally understand that you may never feel as though you wish to adopt another animal yourself. But an alternative might be volunteering at a shelter or rescue. If working directly with the animals would feel too hard, I'll bet you could help with answering phones, or processing paperwork, or fundraising -- things like that will still help save furbabies' lives. Or perhaps there's an entirely different area in which you could volunteer some time: a hospital, or a shelter for people, or a food bank, or a clothing consignment store. There are so many who are in need of a helpful hand and a caring smile. And you have so much love to give, Dawn.

As I say, these are just some thoughts I wanted to offer out. None of them may feel like a good fit for you. And for sure, none of them will replace the love -- and the sorrow -- you feel for your baby. But sometimes just being busy can provide some moments of peaceful distraction, and there are so many souls in this world who need help. Your time and your caring would be such precious gifts for any person or animal to receive. And the act of giving just might lift your own spirits as well. As I say, just a thought...

Marianne